Office InternHouston Ballet Ben Stevenson Academy
Vice President, Membership Director, Communications Director.American Association for Minority Students
Case Management InternUCP of Central Florida
Accounting InternHouston Ballet Ben Stevenson Academy
Be A Part of the International Art Phenomenon - 6x6Rochester Contemporary Art Center
Social Media & Community Management InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Office InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Human Resources InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Special Events InternBookmark This
4530 Park Rd
Posted: June 29 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS), North Carolina Chapter is seeking self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals to support our local Team In Training fundraising campaign in the Charlotte area. The intern(s) in this position will help increase overall awareness for LLS’s mission: cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Selected intern will gain valuable experience in the area(s) of: business and non-profit management; development and fundraising; marketing & PR; event coordination and management; logistics; social media; professionalism; and community relations. Students currently enrolled towards a degree in the following areas are strongly encouraged to apply: American Humanics, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Public Administration or other related areas of study.
This is an unpaid internship that we can consider for course credit.
• Assist and implement grassroots efforts to promote LLS campaigns and acquire new community contacts
• Assist in the creation and implementation of an effective marketing grassroots strategy
• Assist with team management as assigned by LLS staff
• Aid in volunteer management
• Provide support to development and implementation of corporate partnerships
• Customer support, such as email contact, mailing supplies, technical support, and fundraiser visits etc.
• Assist with logistical aspects of the walk such as securing in-kind donations and helping with day-of-event logistics
• Support campaign staff, as needed
RequirementsEducation & Experience Preferences:
• High-level professionalism
• Ability to communicate effectively/appropriately via phone and email to a diverse array of audiences; including, but not limited, to businesses, patients, and fundraising participants
• Attention to detail and highly organized
• Ability to create a plan, execute, and meet deadlines
• Strong project management and planning skills
• Plan a signature event
• High degree of flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities
• Strong work ethic and ability to work independently, as well as a part of a team
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
• Experience with phones/customer service and/or events preferred
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
• Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
• Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
• May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events.
• Travel within the Chapter's designated area.
• Requirement may include attendance at evening or weekend events
SkillsRequired - Team Management, Multi Tasking, Organization Of Events
Preferred - Fitness