Fundraising InternClara Vista
In-Country CoordinatorClara Vista
Front Office AdministratorA Place For Me Mentoring Foundation
Administrative AssistantAspect Int'l Language Academies At University Of Central Florida
Grant WriterBeloved Streets of America
Fundraising SpecialistBeloved Streets of America
Sales AssociateAspect Int'l Language Academies At University Of Central Florida
GETTY MULTICULTURAL UNDERGRADUATE INTERN 201718th Street Arts Center
Summer Special Events InternBookmark This
4530 Park Rd
Posted: June 29 2016
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Timeframe: 06/12/17 — 09/01/17
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS), North Carolina Chapter is seeking self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals to support our local Team In Training fundraising campaign in the Charlotte area. The intern(s) in this position will help increase overall awareness for LLS’s mission: cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Selected intern will gain valuable experience in the area(s) of: business and non-profit management; development and fundraising; marketing & PR; event coordination and management; logistics; social media; professionalism; and community relations. Students currently enrolled towards a degree in the following areas are strongly encouraged to apply: American Humanics, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Public Administration or other related areas of study.
This is an unpaid internship that we can consider for course credit.
• Assist and implement grassroots efforts to promote LLS campaigns and acquire new community contacts
• Assist in the creation and implementation of an effective marketing grassroots strategy
• Assist with team management as assigned by LLS staff
• Aid in volunteer management
• Provide support to development and implementation of corporate partnerships
• Customer support, such as email contact, mailing supplies, technical support, and fundraiser visits etc.
• Assist with logistical aspects of the walk such as securing in-kind donations and helping with day-of-event logistics
• Support campaign staff, as needed
RequirementsEducation & Experience Preferences:
• High-level professionalism
• Ability to communicate effectively/appropriately via phone and email to a diverse array of audiences; including, but not limited, to businesses, patients, and fundraising participants
• Attention to detail and highly organized
• Ability to create a plan, execute, and meet deadlines
• Strong project management and planning skills
• Plan a signature event
• High degree of flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities
• Strong work ethic and ability to work independently, as well as a part of a team
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
• Experience with phones/customer service and/or events preferred
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
• Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
• Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
• May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events.
• Travel within the Chapter's designated area.
• Requirement may include attendance at evening or weekend events
SkillsRequired - Team Management, Multi Tasking, Organization Of Events
Preferred - Fitness