Paid Intern-Contracts and Grants (IFES)IFES
Teachers/Counselors at a Transformative SAT Summer CampYleana Leadership Academy
Recruitment Internship with Non-ProfitFund for the Public Interest
Work for Progress Recruitment InternshipWork for Progress
Recruitment Intern with PIRG Campus ActionWork for Progress
Recruitment Department InternWork for Progress
COMMUNICATIONS INTERNCrohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
EVENT & FUNDRAISING INTERNCrohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
Special Events InternshipBookmark This
Easter Seals Florida
2010 Mizell Avenue
Winter Park, FL
Posted: August 25 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionJob Title: Special Events Intern (unpaid)
Reports To: Denise Lee, Special Events Coordinator
Commitment: Minimum of 10-15 hours/week
Duration: 10-15 weeks
Easter Seals Florida is looking for a bright and enthusiastic individual to assist the Special Events Coordinator and development team with one of Central Florida’s top fundraising events, Easter Seals annual Walk With Me. This family-fun community event aims to bring together Central Florida to fight for all abilities. The Special Events Intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment, and will finish the internship having gained experience in event planning, sponsor identification and recruitment, marketing and fundraising for a highly respected, nationally recognized nonprofit organization.
ResponsibilitiesESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
1) Work with the Senior Director of Events & Communications and Special Events Coordinator on Walk With Me and support annual fundraising campaign activities.
2) Maintain the following for Walk With Me: sponsor identification databases, special gift drives, donation requests, volunteer fundraiser management, in-kind food and beverage donations, and any other event related planning as determined by the Special Events Coordinator.
3) Help manage and request vendor bids and solicit in-kind event support for services and rentals.
4) Work with Director of Development to create stewardship materials for current donors and
volunteers, volunteer recruitment and management.
5) Populate online calendars with ongoing events.
6) Participate in weekly staff meetings, monthly Board of Directors meetings and monthly event committee meetings.
7) Perform other duties as assigned.
Easter Seals Florida is located in Winter Park and is open Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Management will be flexible while working around intern’s schedules. Interns must work a minimum of 10 hours per week.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and skills necessary to fulfill this internship. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Enrollment in or completion of four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training.
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher). Experience with Adobe In Design, Photoshop or Illustrator a plus.