Fundraising SpecialistBeloved Streets of America
Grant WriterBeloved Streets of America
Make-A-Wish Arizona Wish Granting Intern (Summer 2017)Make-A-Wish Arizona
Make-A-Wish Arizona Corporate Development Intern (Summer 2017)Make-A-Wish Arizona
Make-A-Wish Arizona Referral Intake and Medical Outreach Intern (Summer 2017)Make-A-Wish Arizona
Internship For Food, Nutrition & Cancer Recipe WebsiteCook For Your LIFE
WGBH American Archive of Public Broadcasting (various)WGBH
Special Events InternMarch of Dimes
Part-time Outreach Internship at a Chicago Non-ProfitBookmark This
205 W Randolph St, 19th floor
Posted: July 05 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWant to get involved with Imerman Angels?
To provide personalized peer connections that enable one-on-one support among cancer fighters, survivors and caregivers.
Imerman Angels 1-on-1 cancer support carefully matches a person touched by cancer with someone who has fought and survived the same type of cancer (a Mentor Angel). It is this relationship that makes all the difference to a cancer fighter- to talk with someone who has gone through the same surgery, struggled through the same chemotherapy and faced the same fears; someone who is uniquely familiar with your challenge and ready to offer an empathetic ear.
Watch Jonny Imerman tell the story of Imerman Angels here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUQegaJNXyQ
This is an opportunity for someone looking to help shape the Outreach program for a growing non-profit while working with a close-knit team. To support our mission, Imerman Angels holds two types of monthly events: Imerman Angels Socials and Lunch & Learns. We have a small budget and obtaining sponsor donations for these events makes a huge impact to our organization.
You will help us obtain in-kind donations (typically healthy snacks or beverages) to accommodate our guests as we work together to ensure no one faces cancer on their own. Occasionally some assistance may be required to solicit in-kind donations for some of our additional events as well, on an as-needed basis.
While we have a process and communication materials in place for you to start with, we value someone who will take the initiative to make recommendations and implement improvements. You will receive hands-on training as well as mentoring from our staff. You will learn a ton and help us create meaningful experiences!
1. Help Imerman Angels increase our ability to accomplish our mission and vision
2. Represent Imerman Angels mission and core values to the community at large
3. Support Imerman Angels Sponsorship Outreach efforts
- Locally: find and contact local businesses and request in-kind donations.
- Nationally: find and respond to online forms for in-kind donations.
4. Various other tasks as assigned by the Outreach Coordinator.
5. Keep things upbeat, fun, and friendly
RequirementsRequired Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational and follow-through abilities
- Strong work ethic, a good sense of humor, a friendly personality
- Organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, takes initiative
- Excellent verbal, written and general computer skills
- Experience with Gmail and/or Google Sites or Google Apps
We offer part-time internships in Chicago throughout the year. Our internships are ideal for students who need to balance classes with 4-6 hours of internship experience per week during the school year.
SkillsRequired - Gmail
Preferred - Google Apps