Justice Organizer in EscondidoJustice Overcoming Boundaries
Grassroots Organizer InternshipCompassion & Choices NY
Graphic Design Intern at VoteRunLeadVoteRunLead
Friendly VisitingFriendly Visiting
Digital & Communication InternSafe Kids Worldwide
Cape Fear Volunteer Center Programming CoordinatorCape Fear Volunteer Center- Big Buddy Program
Grant researcher and writerChildren's Museum of Roanoke
Executive Administrative AssistantHEROES
Sponsorship Support InternshipBookmark This
Edison Festival of Light
1524 Jackson Street
Fort Myers, FL
Posted: June 15 2016
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Edison Festival of Light is seeking undergraduate and graduate students interested in gaining experience in a nonprofit environment. The Edison Festival of Light is a nonprofit, volunteer, self-supporting organization that plans, organizes and promotes Southwest Florida’s largest festival. The Festival is a celebration of innovation, tradition, and education and takes place in February each year and consists of 22 events and involves a half million people.
The Sponsorship Intern will report directly to the Executive Director of Development in the areas of corporate engagement, program coordination, advertising sales, and event logistics. This is an unpaid internship offered for each semester (fall, spring, and summer).
Under direction and supervision of the Executive Director of Development, the student will learn the following:
• Increase proficiency in specific business disciplines such as program coordination, operations, communications and event planning;
• Develop and improve business skills in communication, program management, fundraising management, nonprofit management, and leadership;
• Develop sales skills through support of program advertising sales;
• Observe and participate in organization operations and decision-making;
• Meet professional role models and potential mentors who can provide guidance, feedback, and support;
• Understand the fundraising process for nonprofit organizations;
• Expand network of professional contacts;
• Develop and maintain a solid work ethic and professional demeanor, as well as a commitment to ethical conduct and social responsibility.
Please note: Due to budget constraints, Edison Festival of Light interns may need to have and bring in their own laptop computer (or a similar device such as a tablet, iPad, etc.) with appropriate software, to use during work hours. The work takes place in downtown Fort Myers.
Responsibilities• Provide support for sponsorship coordination, engagement with the business community, meetings, sponsor activations, proposals, reports, and more;
• Help prepare for sponsor-related events;
• Conduct effective internet research;
• Research potential individual, corporate, and foundation donors for the organization;
• Support the sales process in regards to program advertising sales;
• Maintain consistent compliance with Edison Festival of Light Volunteer and Intern policies;
• Assist and facilitate staff on individual projects as necessary.
Requirements• Must currently be enrolled at an accredited college or university;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Self-motivated, flexible, quick learner, and possesses a high level of personal integrity;
• Detail-oriented with ability to meet deadlines, both prescribed and self-imposed;
• Degree of professionalism, especially when dealing with people;
• Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, meet deadlines, and successfully manage numerous projects simultaneously;
• Experience with nonprofit organizations is preferred;
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
SkillsRequired - Sales, Multi Tasking
Preferred - Sponsorship, Sponsorship Sales, Sponsorship Program Development, Corporate Sponsorships