Social Media Internship for a Nonprofit OrganizationMargaret Byrd Rawson Institute
Community Outreach AssociateImpact Branding Consulting, Inc
Paid Intern-Contracts and Grants (IFES)IFES
Teachers/Counselors at a Transformative SAT Summer CampYleana Leadership Academy
Recruitment Internship with Non-ProfitFund for the Public Interest
Work for Progress Recruitment InternshipWork for Progress
Recruitment Intern with PIRG Campus ActionWork for Progress
Recruitment Department InternWork for Progress
Spring 2017 Make-A-Wish Arizona Development & Events InternBookmark This
2901 N. 78th Street
Posted: October 17 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionOur mission at Make-A-Wish Arizona is to grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. We are looking for motivated interns with a sincere interest in helping the mission of Make-A-Wish Arizona.
The Development & Events Intern will assist the event team with coordination on our annual black tie gala, Wish Ball as well as attendee research and cultivation. The intern will also assist in the coordination of External Events and the Kids for Wish Kids program.
KEY SKILLS & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
• The candidate will gain critical project coordination and project management skills for a multi-faceted, multi-step project.
• The candidate will gain knowledge and best practices for fundraising events.
• The candidate will learn critical fundraising and donor cultivation strategy.
• The candidate will gain basic skill training in Raiser’s Edge software.
• The candidate will gain strong customer service and public speaking skills.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
-Must submit a resume AND cover letter
Responsibilities• Assist the Events team with various internal and external events.
• Assist with the Kids for Wish Kids program, including meeting with schools and attending school events with External Events Manager.
• Discovery, cultivation and stewardship of event participants and supporters.
�� Post event follow up and acknowledgement.
• Provide administrative support for events department.
• Follow a defined set of Standard Operating Procedures for the coordination and reporting of events.
• Performs other duties as needed.
Requirements• Requires excellent project management, customer service, communication, and public presentation skills.
• Passion for the Make-A-Wish mission.
• Professional dress and strong communication skills.
• Ability to work quickly and independently.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook and Excel.
• Minimum of 20 hour work week preferred, some weekend events required.