Site DirectorBe The Change, Inc.
AdvocateBreak the Silence Against Domestic Violence
Communications InternJadens Voice
Marketing InternJadens Voice
Cause Marketing and Corporate Partnerships Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Communications Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Community Events Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Community Walks Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Spring 2017 Make-A-Wish Arizona Referral Intake and Medical Outreach InternBookmark This
2901 North 78th Street
Posted: October 17 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionMake-A-Wish® Arizona internships are coveted, both because of the inspiring mission and because interns get real-world experience alongside talented professionals. All internships are based in the Make-A-Wish Arizona Wish House in Scottsdale, Arizona.
This internship position has two primary objectives: to begin the wish journey for a family, and to strengthen relations with the referral community to encourage more wish granting in Arizona. Desired outcomes of this internship experience will include stronger communication skills, increased attention to detail in data maintenance and project organization, greater understanding of Make-A-Wish qualifying medical conditions, and heartfelt opportunities in positively affecting the life of a child with a life-threatening medical condition.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
-Must submit a resume AND cover letter
1. Assures wish referrals are completed appropriately and eligibility criteria is met.
2. Completes initial phone interview with caregivers of new wish children.
3. Provides medical staff the necessary medical eligibility forms.
4. Follows up with medical staff on missing paperwork.
5. Provides paperwork to caregivers as needed.
6. Researches medical conditions to predict eligibility.
7. Communicates with medical advisers regarding medical conditions not always eligible.
8. Wish referral entry into tracking system.
9. Assists wish mangers as needed.
1. Assists with the implementation and development of the chapter’s medical outreach plan.
2. Maintains referral source database.
3. Researches potential new referral sources throughout Arizona.
4. Prepares and co-facilitates medical outreach events.
5. Considers new medical outreach tools and endeavors.
6. Creates referral recognition gifts and activities.
7. Raises awareness and educates referral sources.
8. Builds medical outreach newsletter.
9. Facilitates new medical outreach wish child ambassador program.
Requirements1. Passion for the mission.
2. Area of study in social work, human development, psychology, communications, or business.
3. Computer knowledge – Microsoft Office, Excel, online search engines.
4. Professional communication skills, phone etiquette.
5. Flexibility working with diverse groups – wish families, volunteers, staff.
5. Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus.
6. Minimum 20-hour work week is desired.