Social Media Specialist / ManagerChurch Women United
Special Events InternSnow Mountain Ranch - YMCA of the Rockies
Development InternGLAD (GLBTQ Legal Advocates and Defenders)
Summer Internships and Apprenticeships at Wolf TrapWolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts
Senior Editor Student Internship ( Part-time, telecommute )Noah Education Fund
Writer / Editor Student Internship ( Part-time, telecommute )Noah Education Fund
NGLCC Internship ProgramNational Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
Intern - Social WorkGood Seed CDC
Spring 2017: Non-Profit InternshipBookmark This
The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
72 River Park Street
Posted: October 18 2016
Application Deadline: December 30, 2016
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Timeframe: 01/30/17 — 05/22/17
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionJoin our committed and energetic New England Regional team of the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA) and help support our mission to cure Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis, and improve the quality of life of children and adults affected by these diseases. CCFA is a large, established, national nonprofit organization. CCFA has been recognized by Consumer Reports as one of the top non-profits to invest in. Over the last four year's CCFA has received 4 Stars from Charity Navigator, which is the highest rating a non-profit can receive.
WHY INTERN AT THE CROHN'S & COLITIS FOUNDATION?
After an initial screening process, we will tailor an internship to meet your specific needs and availability. This real-life, hands on job experience will boost your resume, increase your self-confidence, enhance the skills that you have learned in college or graduate school, and help prepare for your career.
The CCFA New England Regional chapter internship experience will provide a diverse range of non-profit opportunities and will immerse you in every aspect of working at a large, highly successful non-profit. The New England Regional chapter provides year-round education programs and special events to the thousands of people living in this region with Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. Through this internship you will work with a dynamic team of staff and volunteers who are highly committed to the CCFA mission. You will gain exposure to a variety of skill sets as you help to support major special events, assist with our fundraising endeavors, plan and deliver patient education and support programs as well as marketing and awareness initiatives.
-Direct hands on experience in non-profit programming and events at a large non-profit
-Variety of training opportunities to help build your resume of skills
-Vacation days include all major holidays
-Collegial, flexible work environment
Responsibilities• Assist with the planning and creation of special events, fundraising and educational programs.
• Assist with marketing of the programs and participate in awareness building activities through various media outlets including social media, print, television and radio.
• Work on securing funding through foundation grants, corporate and major gifts.
• Help with project management and ensuring programs are delivered successfully and on time.
• Attend departmental meetings and planning sessions.
• Provide support on various tasks as they arise as well as administrative duties.
• Additional projects may include identification and development of resources to increase efficiency and various projects as assigned.
• Opportunities exist for the intern to propose projects that will enhance the internship experience.
Requirements• College or Graduate School level with an interest in Health education, social work, public education, public health, public relations, fundraising or marketing & communications.
• Proficient in basic MS Office Suite (excel, power point)
• Excellent organizational, oral and written skills.
• Solid project management skills.
• Able to multitask and a quick learner.
SkillsRequired - Computer Proficiency
Preferred - Multi Tasking, Project Management, Grassroots Fundraising