Winter Mobile Market InternRegional Environmental Council, Inc.
Summer Arts and Learning Academy Planning InternYoung Audiences of Maryland
Nonprofit Administrative Support AssistantCenter for Volunteer and Nonprofit Leadership
Graphic Design & Visual Communications InternshipThe G4 Alliance
Grant Writer Internship for Musée MagazineMusee Magazine
Youth Helpline Phone Counselor2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline
Contigency Based Grant Development specialist InternAmerican Justice Reentry And Rehabilitation AJRR
Marketing and Social Media InternHappy Paws
SUBSTANCE ABUSE PREVENTION - INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITYBookmark This
FCD Prevention Works
29 Crafts Street, Suite 150
Posted: September 13 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionFCD Prevention Works (www.fcd.org), an affiliate of the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation, is the leading international nonprofit provider of school-based substance abuse prevention services. For the past 40 years, we have provided intensive classroom-based education for students, as well as training and consultation for parents, faculty and staff, at schools across the U.S. and around the world in more than 65 different countries on five continents.
FCD Prevention Works seeks highly-motivated undergraduate students who are interested in a unique and rewarding internship experience related to the health and education of young people.
FCD’S PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
• Intensive Student Education: Our intensive student education offerings include classroom seminars, assemblies, workshops, roundtables, and virtual courses. We incorporate effective strategies to shape healthy student attitudes and behavior. These include changing false normative beliefs, delaying first use, providing accurate information, helping students to become aware of the consequences of use, teaching students how to intervene, encouraging students to identify pro-social goals, facilitating discussions that foster self-analysis, addressing known risk factors and protective factors, and teaching healthy ways to get high.
• Peer Leadership Training: SALSA (Students Advocating Life without Substance Abuse) is FCD Prevention Works’ model peer leadership program for students who have made the healthy choice not to use alcohol or other drugs.
• Parent and Family Education: Our parent prevention education programming equips families with the latest, health-based information.
• Professional Development: Our workshops and webinars for school personnel offer skills and knowledge, including basic alcohol and other drug prevention education, new views of prevention and research, common myths, ways to encourage non-use, how to handle a student’s possible use, and early intervention training.
• Early Intervention Health Systems: We offer consultative training to help schools implement non-disciplinary systems for responding to concerns related to potential student substance use.
• Student Attitudes and Behavior Survey: This 50-question instrument is designed to measure students’ actual attitudes and behaviors regarding alcohol and other drugs, as well as perceptions of behaviors and attitudes of their schoolmates.
• Comprehensive Prevention Planning: We assist schools in addressing the myriad of factors that lead students toward or away from substance abuse, using tailored Prevention Assessments as well as the interweaving of FCD’s other programs, services and strategies to reduce student use and protect student health as outlined above.
• FCD’s Prevention Specialists –Professionals in healthy recovery from addiction
• FCD’s Administrative Team –Executive, Administrative Services, Client Relations and Program Services offices
• FCD Volunteers and Inter
ResponsibilitiesAn internship with FCD Prevention Works will include:
● Orientation to the daily operations of an international non-profit organization
● Involvement in the survey process and integrating the use of data in prevention education
● Hands-on experience with client management and program services support work
● Participation in administrative team meetings, as appropriate
● Hands on experience with non-profit administrative duties
● Involvement in the creation and implementation of FCD e-journals and webinars
● Contributions to FCD’s social media plan
● Learning about the latest teen brain and substance use prevention science
● Review of FCD’s diverse programs and services