Site DirectorBe The Change, Inc.
AdvocateBreak the Silence Against Domestic Violence
Communications InternJadens Voice
Marketing InternJadens Voice
Cause Marketing and Corporate Partnerships Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Communications Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Community Events Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Community Walks Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Sustainable Climate Environmental Intern San DiegoBookmark This
Citizens Climate Lobby
San Diego, CA
Posted: December 27 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCitizens Climate Lobby Purpose: To create the political will for a sustainable climate and to empower individuals to have breakthroughs in exercising their personal and political power.
To solve the climate crisis our methods include education on the science, economics, politics and public awareness surrounding climate change. CCL works by training citizens in the skills needed to affect change. We meet with Congressional leaders, write letters to the editors of national and local newspapers and attend monthly national conference calls. Most importantly we are action oriented. Our goal is to match what scientists tell us with practical solutions that can be enacted legislatively.
We strongly suggest you register to join an introductory call before applying. The call will introduce our organization, what we do, and why your contribution matters! Keep in mind the call is not geared towards interns, but will give potential interns a better idea of what their duties and goals would be.
The introductory call is scheduled for every Wednesday night at 5:00 PM Pacific, 8:00 PM Eastern.
To register go to: http://citizensclimatelobby.org/register-with-ccl/
***Apply only if you have the ability to volunteer on site at the location listed in the title of this description***
• Assist with scheduling meetings with members of Congress.
• Assist with outreach event planning and prospective volunteer follow up. Follow up with calls and emails that explain CCL and steps to be involved and support programs.
• Research national college, business and community organizations to build membership.
• Research and writing projects related to policy, economics, science and government.
• Writing and editing materials for grants, newspapers and communications with Congress.
• Office duties such as data entry, phone calls and email communications.
• 6 month commitment of two-5 hours shifts per week
• Concise, persuasive and polite writing and speaking ability. (Journalism or Communications education is helpful.)
• Passionate commitment to the environment and global warming issues.
• Willingness to learn about climate science, civics, local and national politics. (Political Science or Sustainability education is helpful.)
• Positive upbeat attitude and ability to work with others on teams in a non-partisan way.
• Strong organizational skills, advance planning ability and attention to details.
• Excellent internet, word processing and spreadsheet skills (Microsoft Office).
• Must be available to work in San Diego, CA
• No remote internships available