Social Media & Community Management InternChildren's Advocacy Centers of Georgia, Inc.
Summer 2017 Communications InternshipA Glimmer of Hope
Annual Meeting InternNACUBO
Digital Outreach Associate for Non Profit Art Blog Gallery in support of Immigrant RightsRiding Up Front, Inc.
Paid Science Policy InternshipResearch!America
Internship in a Women Centre in Cape TownMagister International
California Climate Wiki Seeking InternsClimatePolitics
Administrative AssistantParents Against Bullying (P.A.B.)
Team in Training Intern - The Leukemia & Lymphoma SocietyBookmark This
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
20th & Arch St.
Posted: October 16 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Are you an outgoing individual with a love for sports? Are you constantly networking or finding connections? The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is looking for YOU! Our Team In Training Campaign is on the lookout for organized individuals who love endurance sports and have a drive for helping people.
What's Team In Training? TNT is the largest endurance sports training program in the world. In exchange for training and support, Team In Training participants help raise money towards cures for blood cancers. Types of endurance events TNT participants train for are marathons, half marathons, triathlons and century rides. Additionally, LLS has a Moms In Training (MIT) program; a version of TNT for Moms on the go and looking to help fight blood cancers.
• Assisting with program recruitment efforts
• Assist with organizing and distributing campaign and event materials
• Assisting with building relationships with local running, walk and general fitness clubs and shops
• Promoting TNT/MIT at local events
• Grassroots marketing/recruitment
• Assist the TNT/MIT campaign team with all aspects of publicizing Team In Training/Moms In Training special events, information meetings, and other activities as needed
• Assist with phone calls to potential campaign sponsors and participants
• Assist with database entry, administrative and office duties as necessary
Requirements• A minimum of one term or 3+ months
• 10-20 hours (negotiable with class schedule and dependent on campaign need)
• Some evenings, weekends, or early mornings
• Valid driver’s license required for local travel
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Eager to learn and work hard, energetic and a team player
• Computer literate (Word, Excel, Publisher)
• Must be well organized, flexible, self-starter
• Must be well organized, flexible and poised under pressure
• Ability to multi-task
• Interest in special events planning, fundraising, non-profits, fitness, and marketing
• Ability to engage in one on one conversation and speak to small groups (public speaking)