Paid Intern-Contracts and Grants (IFES)IFES
Teachers/Counselors at a Transformative SAT Summer CampYleana Leadership Academy
Recruitment Internship with Non-ProfitFund for the Public Interest
Work for Progress Recruitment InternshipWork for Progress
Recruitment Intern with PIRG Campus ActionWork for Progress
Recruitment Department InternWork for Progress
COMMUNICATIONS INTERNCrohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
EVENT & FUNDRAISING INTERNCrohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
NYC Tech Community Civic Engagement InternBookmark This
3825 Bell Blvd
Posted: March 02 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Volunteer – NYC Tech Community Civic Engagement Intern
Location: QUEENS, NY
Smart Community Project is looking for a Community Engagement Interns to join our Community Outreach team. Our Non For Profit invests in community technology awareness, as well as promoting cutting edge technologies and infrastructure for the local community, through recruiting volunteers who commit to a minimum of 15 hours per week in service. Our volunteers are aggressive, diverse, with a passion for community service. Assistance varies from reaching community leaders, researching infrastructure, building a community wifi network, and promoting smart technology to business leaders.
We are building a team to manage and develop this program in NYC.
If you are an organized individual who enjoys collaborating in a team setting our Community Action Team may be the perfect opportunity for you!
- Creates a great addition to your resume.
- Builds your people engagement and teaming skills.
- Develops a network of professional contacts for the future.
- Recommendation letter on successful completion of internship.
- Possible college credits in exchange for volunteer / internship program.
-Locate, connect, engage, and correspondence efforts in community outreach
- Work with neighborhood business leaders, and various community group leaders on promoting smart technologies.
- Manage appointments and presentations for volunteer interest
- Oversee and manage special projects
- Maintain customer relationship databases
- Collaborate with Human Resources, Social Work, and Social Media Interns to create
ongoing trackable achievement
- Research advanced IT and infrastructure technologies
- Communication with Corporate Sponsors
- Building and maintaining community website projects as well as all digital assets.
- Other tasks as needed
RequirementsEducation and Experience:
- Majors in business, management, administration, non-profit sector are a plus.
- Experience in any of the above is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Social Media