Intern Non-ProfitKiss The Ground
Communications/Graphic Design InternNational Low Income Housing Coalition
Grassroots Marketing InternUnited Way of Essex and West Hudson
Business Internships - Paid Internships Available!Atlantic Solutions, Inc.
Sexual Assault Prevention And Care Center: Now Hiring Summer Community Outreach Interns!The Blue Bench
2017 Fall Make-A-Wish Arizona Public Relations and Marketing InternshipMake-A-Wish Arizona
2017 Fall Make-A-Wish Arizona Development and Events InternshipMake-A-Wish Arizona
2017 Fall Make-A-Wish Arizona Medical Outreach and Wish Support InternshipMake-A-Wish Arizona
NYC Tech Community Civic Engagement InternBookmark This
3825 Bell Blvd
Posted: March 02 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Volunteer – NYC Tech Community Civic Engagement Intern
Location: QUEENS, NY
Smart Community Project is looking for a Community Engagement Interns to join our Community Outreach team. Our Non For Profit invests in community technology awareness, as well as promoting cutting edge technologies and infrastructure for the local community, through recruiting volunteers who commit to a minimum of 15 hours per week in service. Our volunteers are aggressive, diverse, with a passion for community service. Assistance varies from reaching community leaders, researching infrastructure, building a community wifi network, and promoting smart technology to business leaders.
We are building a team to manage and develop this program in NYC.
If you are an organized individual who enjoys collaborating in a team setting our Community Action Team may be the perfect opportunity for you!
- Creates a great addition to your resume.
- Builds your people engagement and teaming skills.
- Develops a network of professional contacts for the future.
- Recommendation letter on successful completion of internship.
- Possible college credits in exchange for volunteer / internship program.
-Locate, connect, engage, and correspondence efforts in community outreach
- Work with neighborhood business leaders, and various community group leaders on promoting smart technologies.
- Manage appointments and presentations for volunteer interest
- Oversee and manage special projects
- Maintain customer relationship databases
- Collaborate with Human Resources, Social Work, and Social Media Interns to create
ongoing trackable achievement
- Research advanced IT and infrastructure technologies
- Communication with Corporate Sponsors
- Building and maintaining community website projects as well as all digital assets.
- Other tasks as needed
RequirementsEducation and Experience:
- Majors in business, management, administration, non-profit sector are a plus.
- Experience in any of the above is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Social Media