Healthcare InternWinning the Battles In Your Mind Inc
Public Relations InternWinning the Battles In Your Mind Inc
Marketing InternWinning the Battles In Your Mind Inc
Office Business AssociateA Place For Me Mentoring Foundation
Fundraising Committee:Break the Silence Against Domestic Violence
Communications InternITT Technical Institute-Houston West
Grant WriterBeloved Streets of America
Fundraising SpecialistBeloved Streets of America
Technology and Health InternshipBookmark This
HEPATITIS FOUNDATION INTERNATIONAL
8121 Georgia Avenue, Suite 350
Silver Spring, MD
Posted: August 16 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionTechnology and Health Internship
Focus on the power of technology to transform health. Interns will have the opportunity to develop projects and propose tools that are on the cutting edge of the interface between health and technology. Projects will include web-based tools; website maintenance, and managing information technology systems.
This internship is valuable for those interested in web design/development, information technology, and database management. Applicants with experience in information technology and/or web development are strongly preferred.
HEPATITIS FOUNDATION INTERNATIONAL
Hepatitis Foundation International is a non-profit organization established in 1994 dedicated to promoting liver wellness and reducing the incidence of preventable liver-related chronic diseases and lifestyles that negatively impact the liver including; obesity, diabetes, hepatitis, substance abuse, HIV/AIDS, cardiovascular disease and fatty/liver cancer.
The HFI’s Internship Program offers participants an opportunity to gain valuable experience in a non-profit 501(c)3 patient advocacy organization that is growing and expanding its services for the greater impact.
• Internship candidates provide essential public policy and administrative support, other responsibilities vary.
• Many internship candidates are studying health policy or health law, public health, health promotion or health education, however, the program can provide outstanding background for students from a number of different fields of study including: business, marketing, and communications.
This internship offers a flexible schedule with a twenty-hour-a-week minimum commitment for a minimum of 6 weeks to 6 months. HFI will work with students to meet requirements needed for earning academic credit.
Time Commitment: Monday-Friday 20-35 hours.
Academic Credit: Academic credit for the Program is at the discretion of your college, or university. HFI will assist you in providing appropriate information as your school requests.
HFI encourages individuals in various stages of their academic and professional careers to apply, although most internship candidates are either currently in college or graduate school, or recent graduates. The Hepatitis Foundation International internships are highly competitive and encompass work requiring prior knowledge in each specific program area. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis
ResponsibilitiesEssential Duties and Responsibilities:
Interns can expect to work on a variety of projects critical to promoting HFI’s mission similar to other non-profit voluntary organizations.
• Attend meetings in person and/or via conference call and webinar related to liver disease;
• Develop/draft legislative positions in relation to a number of different topics;
• Provide research support in development of advocacy positions and funding opportunities;
• Develop health information, i.e. fact sheets for diverse audiences;
• Identify advocacy opportunities; and
• Author position statements, corresponding press releases, organizational support statements and opinions;
• Attend/represent HFI at coalition, briefings and other advocacy meetings.
• Administrative responsibilities and data entry.
HFI interns will have the opportunity to develop a project(s) in conjunction with HFI staff that they will create and complete during their internship.
RequirementsQualified Candidates Should:
• Have excellent written and oral communications skills
• Demonstrate strong analytical capabilities
• Be able to work independently, with initial guidance
• Be flexible and detail oriented
• Be able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously
• MS Office Software
• Ability to communicate with multiple levels of management across a range of businesses and organizations.
• Demonstrate through previous experience a passion for improving overall health including health systems,
processes and protocols to better the needs of individuals, families, and communities