Development InternGLAD (GLBTQ Legal Advocates and Defenders)
Summer Internships and Apprenticeships at Wolf TrapWolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts
Senior Editor Student Internship ( Part-time, telecommute )Noah Education Fund
Writer / Editor Student Internship ( Part-time, telecommute )Noah Education Fund
NGLCC Internship ProgramNational Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
Intern - Social WorkGood Seed CDC
Administrative InternThe Friendship Circle Philadelphia Region South
Special Events SpecialistThe Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
The Book Fairies InternshipBookmark This
The Book Fairies
70 North Main Street
Posted: January 10 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWho We Need:
Are you interested in books? Do you want to help people in need right in your own backyard? Can you multitask and think outside of the box? Then you are perfect for The Book Fairies!
Who We Are:
The Book Fairies is a Long Island based charity located in Freeport. Our goal is to collect and redistribute books to children and adults in need on Long Island and metropolitan New York. We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic and motivated intern to learn how to manage a nonprofit organization.
This position is very flexible and creative. If you have an idea that fits with our mission, we say "run with it!". Since The Book Fairies is a young charity, you have a chance to make a real imprint on our organization. So bring your spirit, drive and energy and help The Book Fairies get books into eager hands!
1. Training and managing volunteers
2. Liaiason between the charity and the schools receiving books
3. Schedule book drives in schools and organizations
4. Connect with organizations looking to donate financially to The Book Fairies
5. Handle administrative paperwork and phone calls
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
7. Strong interpersonal skills
8. Must be able to dedicate 2-3 days a week. Work hours and days are flexible in order to work around class schedules.
9. Knowledge in Social Media (Twitter, Facebook)