Outreach InternUnion of Concerned Scientists
General Intern for the Fellows of the American Bar FoundationThe American Bar Foundation
PODCAST/BLOG TALK RADIO INTERNWSU HIGH Program
Justice Organizer in EscondidoJustice Overcoming Boundaries
Grassroots Organizer InternshipCompassion & Choices NY
Graphic Design Intern at VoteRunLeadVoteRunLead
Friendly VisitingFriendly Visiting
Digital & Communication InternSafe Kids Worldwide
The Borgen Project Political Affairs InternBookmark This
The Borgen Project
University of North Dakota
Grand Forks, ND
Posted: April 11 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Borgen Project is an innovative, national campaign that is working to make poverty a focus of U.S. foreign policy. This is a part-time 14-hours per week, unpaid telecommuting internship. The internship is 4-months and responsible for leading public and political outreach in the state and district assigned to. Must be available Monday’s 4:30-6:00 PM PST for The Borgen Project’s national conference call.
Responsibilities– Meet with members of Congress and/or Congressional staffers in your State and District.
– Represent The Borgen Project at various business, political and community events.
– Assist with fundraising. Create a personal fundraising campaign and meet targets.
– Mobilize individuals to contact their members of Congress in support of key poverty-reduction legislation.
– As needed, speak to groups, classes and organizations.
– Write letters of support for key programs to political leaders, media and other groups.