Spring 2016 Development InternThe New York Police and Fire Widows' and Children's Benefit Fund
Marketing InternToothbrushes for Toddlers
Public Speaking Outreach AssistantThe Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Nonprofit Management Intern (non-residency)Helpers Of Our Farm
Marketing InternAdaptive Sports Center
Social Media and Communications InternshipGrassroots Diabetes
Accounting InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Office InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Undergraduate InternBookmark This
528 E. Lancaster Avenue, Suite 50
St Davids, PA
Posted: June 21 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSpeakUp! is a leading nonprofit organization located in St. David’s, PA, that provides a foundation for a lifetime of positive relationships and communication by giving teens, parents and educators the skills, opportunity and support to speak up and be heard on the critical issues of today. By promoting communication and relationship skills, SpeakUp! enables youth to make positive life choices—and parents and educators to support them—as they navigate the journey to adulthood. Over forty diverse middle and high schools, and over 4,000 teens and adults in the Philadelphia region participate in SpeakUp!’s innovative programming each year.
ResponsibilitiesAs a vital member of SpeakUp!’s Program Team, Interns help deliver SpeakUp!’s innovative programming. Working with Youth Leadership Committees in each of the SpeakUp! schools, Interns also assist with preparation and wrap up activities for SpeakUp!'s school-wide forums.
• Facilitating high impact activities with small groups of teens designed to develop their skills to speak up and cultivate their network of support.
• Helping with preparation and follow up activities related to Youth Leadership Committee meetings.
• Assisting with pre- and post- activities for School-wide SpeakUp! forums.
• Attending SpeakUp! forums to help coordinate activities and collect qualitative data during small group discussions.
• Other projects related to the Interns professional interests.
RequirementsInterest in youth development
Positive attitude and team-oriented mentality
Comfortable with oral presentations and public speaking
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Proficient computer skills
Experience with small group activities and facilitation helpful, but not necessary