Community Outreach AssociateImpact Branding Consulting, Inc
Paid Intern-Contracts and Grants (IFES)IFES
Teachers/Counselors at a Transformative SAT Summer CampYleana Leadership Academy
Recruitment Internship with Non-ProfitFund for the Public Interest
Work for Progress Recruitment InternshipWork for Progress
Recruitment Intern with PIRG Campus ActionWork for Progress
Recruitment Department InternWork for Progress
COMMUNICATIONS INTERNCrohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
Visual Arts Intern – Winter 2017 (January - May 2017)Bookmark This
Boston Center for the Arts
539 Tremont Street
Posted: August 02 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Visual Arts Intern provides critical support for the visual arts staff at the BCA. The selected intern will gain valuable experience in learning about visual arts programming at the BCA including the Artist Studios Program, Artist Residency, Exhibition Related Public Programs and Associated Artist Membership. The intern will work closely with the Visual Arts Manager assisting with administrative tasks such as tracking quarterly reports, writing text for the BCA website and social media, executing outreach strategies and planning exhibitions related programming.
The intern will also provide support in the Mills Gallery and be expected to work one to two shifts a week in the gallery (one that must be during evening or weekend hours). Total 12-18 hours/week.
Under the guidance of the Visual Arts Manager the intern will assist with:
• Execution of visual arts outreach plan from researching contacts, drafting correspondence, social media posts and developing relationships
• Administrative tasks related to the Artist Studios Building and Associated Artist Membership from collecting and recording quarterly reports and artist activities to updating the website
• Planning exhibition related programs
• Work with the intern cohort to plan and execute a College Night event
• Greet and engage visitors in content of the gallery
• Open and close gallery
• Other departmental tasks, as needed
• Current student or recent grad studying arts administration, museum studies or related field
• Detail-orientated, creative, out-of-the box thinker and problem solver
• Strong writing skills
• Commitment to and comfort with public engagement
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively
• Willing to take on a shared responsibility for the success of BCA’s programs.
This is an unpaid internship. Interns can arrange academic credit through their educational institution.
How to apply: Please send a cover letter outlining your interest and a resume to email@example.com. Please include your name and “Visual Arts Internship” in the subject line. Applicants are encouraged to apply by Friday, November 18th 2016 for the Winter 2017 semester. Position is open until filled.