Cause Marketing and Corporate Partnerships Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Communications Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Community Events Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Community Walks Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Marketing Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Donor Stewardship Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Medical Outreach Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Program Services Coordinator Intern - Spring 2017Make-A-Wish Illinois
Vocational English Education InternBookmark This
International Rescue Committee
2305 Parklake Drive, Suite 100
Posted: March 05 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionBACKGROUND: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. At work in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities to restore safety, dignity and hope, the IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC in Atlanta office was established in 1979 and has resettled over 21,000 refugees from nearly 50 countries into the Greater Atlanta area. As the largest refugee resettlement agency in Georgia, the IRC in Atlanta resettles an average of 800 refugees into Georgia annually and provides additional services and assistance to another 1,500 refugees and asylees.
SCOPE OF VOCATIONAL ENGLISH EDUCATION INTERN WORK: The Vocational English Education Intern assists clients to develop valuable job skills for newly arrived clients hoping to gain rapid self-sufficiency. Instruction is focused on developing vocabulary and confidence for working in America, particularly skills involved in finding and applying for jobs, job interviewing, and the skills involved in keeping a job. Throughout the instruction there is an importance put upon the comprehension of the important cultural aspects present in all of these areas.
Responsibilities• Assisting the instructor in daily classroom activities including one-on-one tutoring, leading small groups, and teaching specific components of the curriculum.
• Assist with resume building and individual interview practice.
• Support program activities by researching new curriculum content, developing and preparing educational materials as requested by instructor.
• Supervise appropriate use of the computer lab environment, making sure clients are engaged in learning
• Assist with record-keeping, data entry, and file maintenance to support program administration.
Requirements• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and organization skills.
• Strong interest in working with international clients.
• Proven ability to work with consideration and respect for cross-cultural differences.
• International experience and previous teaching experience a plus.
• Ability to take initiative and work independently.
• Enthusiasm for helping people learn.
• Vocational English classes are held Monday through Friday, between 12:00pm and 2:00 pm, with lesson planning and administrative work before and afterwards. Interns must be able to commit at least 15 hours per week.
Internship Deadlines: Spring Dec 15, Summer Apr 15, Fall Jul 15.
For more information or to apply, please contact Hayat Nawd, Volunteer and External Relations Coordinator, at VolunteerATL@Rescue.org or 678-636-8928. To learn more about us, please visit the IRC website at www.Rescue.org/Atlanta
(US applicants only)