Development InternshipAmerican Diabetes Association
Receptionist Internship for a Eco-Conscious Hemp Non-ProfitHemp Educate America
Students Summer Intern (Church - Youth Ministry)Vail Christian Church
SOCIAL MEDIA & MARKETING STUDENT INTERNChildren's Bureau
FAMILY ASSESSMENT FORM (FAF) INTERN/ SOCIAL ENTERPRISEChildren's Bureau
Make-A-Wish Arizona Volunteer Services Intern (Summer 2017)Make-A-Wish Arizona
Make-A-Wish Arizona Corporate Development Intern (Summer 2017)Make-A-Wish Arizona
Make-A-Wish Arizona Referral Intake and Medical Outreach Intern (Summer 2017)Make-A-Wish Arizona
VOLUNTEER COORDINATORBookmark This
2350 W HIGGINS RD
Hoffman Estates, IL
Posted: March 03 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionGiGi’s Playhouse is an established series of Down Syndrome Achievement Centers. Serving children and adults of all ages, each Playhouse provides educational, therapeutic and career development Volunteers at no charge to families; and in a format that individuals with Down syndrome learn best. All Volunteers aim to maximize self-confidence and empower individuals to achieve their greatest potential. Founded by GiGi’s Mom in 2003, GiGi’s has grown into a network of 29 Playhouses including the first international Playhouse in Queretaro, Mexico. Last year, over 25,000 participants benefited from Playhouse Volunteers.
JOB DESCRIPTION: VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR (INTERN OR VOLUNTEER POSITION)
Reports to: Site Coordinator
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for recruitment, orientation, scheduling, training and recognition of volunteers with the Playhouse. S/he works collaboratively with the Site Coordinator to provide a high level of customer service for potential and committed volunteers. S/he will demonstrate strong leadership skills, volunteer management, strong communication skills and relationship development skills. This position requires a commitment of 4-6 hours per week. This position is a non-paid internship or volunteer position, but is a great resume builder.
• Serves as the primary contact for all new volunteers and current administrative volunteers.
• Represents GiGI’s Playhouse at volunteer recruitment events within the community.
• Hosts and leads New Volunteer Orientation sessions, according to the GiGi’s Playhouse model, a minimum of once per month.
• Conducts one-on-one New Volunteer Orientation sessions for volunteers who are not able to attend the monthly session.
• Collects volunteer needs and is responsible for scheduling volunteers into programs, events, office/admin roles, and informs the Program Coordinator when a new volunteer has been placed
• Maintains volunteer information in DonorPerfect database, including entering volunteer demographics, availability, interests.
• Coordinates/ schedules volunteer trainings and provides on-going training as needed
• Coordinates Volunteer Recognition events for all Playhouse Volunteers, a minimum of two times per year
• Responds to volunteer phone calls, emails and inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
RequirementsThe Volunteer Coordinator role is largely administrative and requires a candidate with the following skill set:
• Background in people management
• Knowledge of computers and data entry with experience using Microsoft Office suite of Volunteers, especially Publisher, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Excellent communication skills, positivity and enthusiasm for GiGi’s Playhouse