Social Media and Communications InternshipGrassroots Diabetes
Accounting InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Office InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Marketing InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Public Relations InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Graphic Design InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Human Resources InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)K.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Volunteer CoordinatorBookmark This
Leading Ladies of Legacy Inc.
Posted: February 01 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionLeading Ladies of Legacy’s Mission
Leading Ladies of Legacy produces young women who have strong academic backgrounds, understand and build resilience, fight and overcome poverty, exude self-worth and confidence, give back to the community and display leadership. Through membership meetings, programs, events, and community service we will identify and challenge young women to develop compassion, confidence, and a commitment to service and leadership within their communities.
We will undertake the following activities:
• Initiate programs in leadership, academic support, character development, and community service
• Work closely with local school districts, with colleges and universities, and with other educational institutions in the city on the development of appropriate programs for girls
• Seek and apply for state, federal, and private funds available in support of women and girls
• Increase awareness of girl’s issues
• Assemble calendars and schedules of events for girls and compile other materials as appropriate to promote programs for girls in Atlanta
• Conduct ongoing planning, researching the girls needs in the city, including new facilities and developing, updating, and evaluating progress against periodic written plans for the growth of the girls in Atlanta
• Develop an awareness in the business community, in local government, and in the general public of the value of women and girls in Atlanta
• Promote and encourage the cultural diversity of the city of Atlanta
• Engage in any other activities that will enhance the lives of girls and women in Atlanta
WHO OUR INTERNS ARE
At their core, our INTERNS are people who have aligned intentions inside of our mission and vision statements. They are people who have extraordinary commitment to making a difference in the fulfillment and satisfaction of the girls and young women we serve. Interns are inspired people who are willing to take on creating the results we are committed to producing, inside the commitment we have for our business to be an expression of what it is to lead, educate, display character, and serve the community.
• Please visit our website at www.leadingladiesoflegacy.org and learn more about our company
• Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
• This position will remain open until filled.
Will be discussed upon hire.
Leading Ladies of Legacy Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, disability, veteran status or marital status.
Visit www.leadingladiesoflegacy.org to learn more about Leading Ladies of Legacy!
ResponsibilitiesDUTIES FOR Volunteer Coordinator INTERN
• Complete Leading Ladies of Legacy Volunteer training
• Assist in the recruiting, screening, interviewing and training of new volunteers
• Review new cases and assign appropriate volunteers, in consultation with the Executive Director
• Prepare and distribute documentation
• Provide assistance and consultation for volunteers as needed and when requested
• Participate in volunteer evaluations as assigned by the Executive Director
• Oversee assigned mentors and assist with identified needs
• Assist with volunteer appreciation events
==> Attention to detail
==> Ability to effectively communicate and to work independently
==> Ability to meet deadlines
==> Excellent organizational skills
==> Effectiveness in task and time management
==> Proficiency with the internet
==> Experience researching on the internet; creatively researching to locate information
==> Expert understanding of spelling, grammar, and punctuation
==> Enthusiasm, dedication and a willingness to have fun!
==> Be able to work on your own initiative and with minimal supervision
==> Good team working skills
==> Agreement with and commitment to Leading Ladies of Legacy Inc. mission and values
• Following is a list of the Technology Requirements of the position:
• Email (for communicating with other employees and clients)
• Facebook (for interacting with customers on our Facebook Page)
• Google Docs (for organizing tasks and information)