Social Media & Community Management InternChildren's Advocacy Centers of Georgia, Inc.
Summer 2017 Communications InternshipA Glimmer of Hope
Annual Meeting InternNACUBO
Digital Outreach Associate for Non Profit Art Blog Gallery in support of Immigrant RightsRiding Up Front, Inc.
Paid Science Policy InternshipResearch!America
Internship in a Women Centre in Cape TownMagister International
California Climate Wiki Seeking InternsClimatePolitics
Administrative AssistantParents Against Bullying (P.A.B.)
Volunteer Coordinator InternBookmark This
Homeaid Northern Virginia
3684 Centerview Drive, Suite 110B
Posted: February 05 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionExciting volunteer coordinator internship offering real-world experience in helping to assist in recruiting and managing volunteer groups for HomeAid's Helping Hands Program. Gain valuable event planning experience in this dynamic, fast-paced working environment.
Responsibilities1. Assist in recruiting and managing volunteer groups for HomeAid’s Helping Hands program
2. Promote and market volunteer opportunities via social media, email marketing, direct marketing
3. Assist in creation and production of collateral materials promoting Helping Hands program
4. Assist with Thank You letters to volunteers; data entry and reports for Helping Hands activities
5. Attend events to promote Helping Hands program
6. Research opportunities to promote Helping Hands program to local companies that have volunteerism as a top priority for its employees
7. Assist with volunteer recognition activities, awards and events
8. Update HomeAid website with information related to the Helping Hands program
9. Add Helping Hands info and HomeAid volunteer opportunities to community calendar postings and other free online listings.
10. Assist at all HomeAid and community outreach events
Requirements• Computer proficient, especially in Microsoft Word, and Excel
• Energetic, self-starter, with flexible and positive attitude
• Strong team player and ability to work cooperatively with others
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational, problem-solving and customer service skills
How to apply:
Submit cover letter, resume, and transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org; type “Volunteer Coordinator Internship” in the subject line. Call 703-953-3525 with questions.