MAKE-A-WISH HAWAII PROGRAM SERVICES INTERNSHIPMake-A-Wish Hawaii
Wings Program CoordinatorTriple Threat Mentoring
Wings Program InternTriple Threat Mentoring
Service Dog Training Instructor InternshipWarrior Canine Connection
Graphic Design InternshipMove For Hunger
Sexual Assault Prevention And Care Center: Now Hiring Community Outreach Interns!The Blue Bench
Volunteer Program and Training Assistant InternPlanned Parenthood Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota
Operations InternshipProject C.U.R.E.
Volunteer Coordinator InternshipBookmark This
Edison Festival of Light
1524 Jackson Street
Fort Myers, FL
Posted: June 15 2016
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
DescriptionThe Edison Festival of Light is seeking undergraduate and graduate students interested in gaining experience in a nonprofit environment. The Edison Festival of Light is a nonprofit, volunteer, self-supporting organization that plans, organizes and promotes Southwest Florida’s largest festival. The Festival is a celebration of innovation, tradition, and education and takes place in February each year and consists of 22 events and involves a half million people.
The Volunteer Coordinator Intern will report directly to the Executive Director of Development and Event Coordinator in areas of volunteer coordination, outreach development, and event logistics. This is an unpaid internship offered for any semester (fall, spring or summer).
Please note: Due to budget constraints, Edison Festival of Light interns may need to have and bring in their own laptop computer (or a similar device such as a tablet, iPad, etc.) with appropriate software, to use during work hours. The work takes place in downtown Fort Myers.
Please e-mail a copy of your resume, cover letter, and a list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under direction and supervision of the Executive Director of Development and Marketing & Event Coordinator, the student will learn the following:
• Increase proficiency in specific business disciplines such as volunteer coordination, operations, communications and event planning;
• Develop and improve business skills in communication, volunteer management, nonprofit management, leadership;
• Observe and participate in organization operations and decision-making;
• Meet professional role models and potential mentors who can provide guidance, feedback, and support;
• Expand network of professional contacts;
• Develop and maintain a solid work ethic and professional demeanor, as well as a commitment to ethical conduct and social responsibility.
Responsibilities• Provide support for volunteer coordination and events including conducting research, scheduling volunteer events, and communicating with volunteers;
• Assist with mailings and data entry;
• Help prepare for volunteer and membership events, serve as lead volunteer ;
• Effectively communicate with all levels of staff and external audiences;
• Maintain consistent compliance with Edison Festival of Light Volunteer and Intern policies;
• Assist and facilitate staff on individual projects as necessary.
Requirements• Must currently be enrolled at an accredited college or university;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Self-motivated, flexible, quick learner, and possesses a high level of personal integrity;
• Detail-oriented with ability to meet deadlines, both prescribed and self-imposed;
• Degree of professionalism, especially when dealing with people;
• Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, meet deadlines, and successfully manage numerous projects simultaneously
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
SkillsRequired - Communication Skills, Multi Tasking
Preferred - Volunteering