Business/Economic Development/Marketing Intern WantedBotetourt County Chamber of Commerce
Professional School Program Mgmt & Outreach CoordinationNCP
Volunteer Team Management InternCorporate Cup Celebrity Challenge
Volunteer CoordinatorLeading Ladies of Legacy Inc.
Message Management InternCorporate Cup Celebrity Challenge
Fundraising and Partnership Development InternCorporate Cup Celebrity Challenge
Researcher/Writer (High School & College Students)YCoFA
Editorial / Journalism InternCorporate Cup Celebrity Challenge
Volunteer Coordinator InternshipBookmark This
Barrow County Habitat for Humanity
235 Capitol Avenue
Posted: April 28 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionBarrow County Habitat for Humanity (BCHFH) is a Christian organization that builds and rehabilitates simple, decent houses with the help of homeowner (partner) families. BCHFH is an affiliate office of Habitat for Humanity International and works to improve the living conditions for low-income Barrow County residents. The non-profit organization works in partnership with people in need from all walks of life to develop communities by building safe and affordable housing.
Position: Volunteer Coordination Intern
Description: Barrow County Habitat for Humanity seeks an intern to assist with the recruitment, training and management of volunteers in order to aid the organization in its mission to alleviate sub-standard housing. The intern will assist with volunteer recruitment, communications and program development.
Start Date: Position open until filled, requires 3 – 6 month commitment and at least 12 – 14 hours/week, preferably at least once a week in the office and once a week on site with the volunteers.
Compensation: This is an Unpaid/Volunteer internship
To Apply: Please a send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Research, develop and maintain lists of potential volunteer groups and individuals
• Help manage volunteer outreach using social networking tools such as Facebook, Twitter, Craigslist, Idealist.org, and VolunteerMatch.com
• Seek out community events and speaking engagements in order to recruit more volunteers
• Reply to volunteer inquiries providing information about the organization and matching to specific volunteer role
• Schedule groups and individuals for build days and related events
• Provide scheduled volunteers with necessary documentation in a timely manner, including waivers, directional maps, volunteer FAQs, and other necessary documents
• Conduct onsite construction volunteer orientation at least once a week either Friday or Saturday morning
• Assist with data entry into data system SalesForce and ensure data quality of volunteer statistics
• Plan and facilitate Volunteer Committee meetings including distributing agenda and taking minutes
• Possess superior interpersonal skills, with the ability to deliver exceptional customer service to a diverse group of constituents (i.e. sponsors, volunteers, and homebuyers)
• Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., Education, Non-Profit Management, Volunteer Management, Program Management)
• Previous internship or related experience either as a volunteer or managing volunteers is a plus
• Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel)
• An effective communicator, both written and oral
• Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
• Enthusiasm for the mission of Habitat for Humanity and the families we serve
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Organization Skills, Communicate Clearly
Preferred - Salesforce, Volunteer Coordinating, Database