Winter Mobile Market InternRegional Environmental Council, Inc.
Summer Arts and Learning Academy Planning InternYoung Audiences of Maryland
Nonprofit Administrative Support AssistantCenter for Volunteer and Nonprofit Leadership
Graphic Design & Visual Communications InternshipThe G4 Alliance
Grant Writer Internship for Musée MagazineMusee Magazine
Youth Helpline Phone Counselor2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline
Contigency Based Grant Development specialist InternAmerican Justice Reentry And Rehabilitation AJRR
Marketing and Social Media InternHappy Paws
Volunteer Management Internship - Save The BayBookmark This
Save The Bay, Inc.
100 Save The Bay Dr.
Posted: August 15 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionOverview of position: Are you interested in managing volunteers and organizing events? Do you have excellent communication and writing skills? At Save The Bay, we provide interns with the opportunity to work with 2,000 volunteers annually in a variety of capacities. An internship in the volunteer program will provide students with the skills to organize events, manage & recognize volunteers, promote volunteer opportunities and internships, oversee outreach projects and manage individual volunteer programs.
Save The Bay is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide education to the community about protecting and restoring the ecological health of the Narragansett Bay region.
We offer unpaid internship opportunities.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org and fill out the internship application on our volunteer website. For more information on Save The Bay internships, please visit www.savebay.org/volunteer and click on the Internships tab.
ResponsibilitiesWhat you will learn:
• How to write volunteer and internship descriptions and post on recruitment websites
• Event and project management
• Professional communication skills
• Real-world administrative and office skills
• Leadership of projects such as beach cleanups and other volunteer events
RequirementsWhat we require:
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Comfortable speaking to groups and making contact with the general public on Save The Bay’s behalf
• Strong organizational skills
• Must have ability to occasionally work independently and have initiative
• Availability to work on some weekends
• General office skills including proficiency with MS Office and the internet