Mother's Resource Coordinator Intern To Begin ASAPHOPE Farm
Volunteer Coordinator Intern To Begin ASAPHOPE Farm
Marketing and Social Media InternFriends of Fort Point Channel
Fall 2016 Programs & Outreach InternshipOrganization for Autism Research
Membership & Development Internship, Spring 2017International Tennis Hall of Fame & Museum
Intern, Volunteer, and OPT Opportunities for International StudentsChanging The Present
Community Development and Signature Event InternGirl Scouts of the Jersey Shore
Programs InternHouse of Blues Music Forward Foundation
Volunteer Services Internship Meals On Wheels AtlantaBookmark This
Meals On Wheels Atlanta
1705 Commerce Drive NW
Posted: March 27 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionMeals On Wheels Atlanta (MOWA) Mission is to support senior independence through meals, shelter, education and community. Each year, MOWA accomplishes this by delivering nutritious meals, repairing homes, providing community and wellness support, and helping seniors and their families manage Alzheimer's and dementia.
(MOWA) is seeking an energetic, highly-motivated individual to join our team as a Volunteer Services Intern. The intern will provide administrative and staff support while gaining a deeper knowledge of volunteer management and nonprofit operations. This is an unpaid, part-time position for registered college/university students.
• In coordination with Director of Volunteer Services Team, help assist relationships within the community and attract volunteer groups from corporations, churches, civic and student groups etc.
• Help represent the organization in public meetings and presentations to the community (e.g. volunteer fairs).
• Help assist with Social Media initiatives, newsletter articles and volunteer thank you Facebook posts.
• Recruit volunteers from corporations, churches, civic and student groups for appropriate and meaningful volunteer experiences for MOWA programs.
• Conduct orientations and trainings for volunteers.
• Developing a friendly rapport with volunteers.
• Work collaboratively with program staff to assist volunteer projects.
• Help plan volunteer recognition events and activities.
• Provide general administrative support to the Volunteer Services department.
• Answer phone and email volunteer inquires.
• Maintain a volunteer database.
• Schedule volunteers and maintain calendars.
• Internet Research.
• Ability to respond with a high degree of urgency to the needs and requests of others, internally and externally (Customer Service).
• Ability to drive to and from volunteer activities mostly in the Atlanta metro area.
Requirements• Must be a current student or recent graduate.
• Ability to work a minimum of 16 hours per week.
• Must have transportation and use it on occasion for work duties.
• Must be able to lift over 20-30 lbs.
• Volunteer Management experience considered a plus.
• Event Planning experience a plus.
• Outgoing demeanor, with the ability to motivate others.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities and strategic thinking.
• Ability to work independently and in a group setting.
• Highly organized.
• Able to multi-task and respond to deadlines.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint. Knowledge of Raisers Edge, ServTracker, and SharePoint management software is considered a plus.
Additionally, all MOWA Interns are expected to take on additional responsibilities and participate in organizational wide endeavors as appropriate. Internship descriptions are not limited to items in formal internship description.
*To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please.*