Special Events and Communications InternCamp Twin Lakes
Human Services InternshipsEpilepsy Foundation New England
Intern, Client Casework,American Red Cross of Central Ohio
Resource Development InternComal County Habitat for Humanity
Adoption Agency InternHeartsent Adoptions, Inc.
Development and Special Events InternMultiple Sclerosis Association of America
Grant Writer InternshipTroolu Inc.
Volunteer Engagement InternCasey Trees
Pickup/Delivery ManagerBookmark This
Friendship Circle International
100 N. Trade St.
Posted: January 26 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAre you passionate about thrifting, upcycling, and vintage stuff? Well then we're probably your perfect match! (We're the ones picking out old furniture and "junk" from people's trash and turning them into treasures!)
We've been offering social opportunities to kids and young adults with special needs so they feel included in the community and comfortable hanging out with other people. Now we're getting ready to teach our special young adults job skills by employing them in our new thrift boutique!
Here are some of the details: Our mission is to offer training and structured work opportunities to young adults with special needs in their area of interest. Our goal is to attract and maintain a strong customer base by offering a boutique-style experience at thrift store prices. Most importantly, our personalized service will exceed the expectations of all of our customers.
So.... We're looking for talented people who try to recognize potential in everyone and anything and who share our passion for helping people realize their unique skills. We currently have an opening for a Pickup/Delivery Manager to pickup donated furniture and do occasional deliveries
ResponsibilitiesPickup/Delivery Job Description:
1. Manage donation pickup times for people donating to ZABS.
2. Communicate with potential donors about scheduling times to drop-off at ZABS
3. Communicate with customers who want their furniture delivered.
4. Driving a pickup truck and 14ft. Box truck to do pickups and deliveries.
5. Research and identify different area of the Greater Charlotte community where ZABS Place can connect and arrange additional strategic locations to set up weather-proof collection bins.
6. Pop-up Yard Sales: Arrange monthly or semi-monthly sales in pre-arranged locations where warehouse items can be sold.
RequirementsHere’s what you’ll need for the job:
~ Clean driving record
~ Experience driving a 14ft Box truck
~ Pass a drug test and background check
~ Be a team-player and good problem solver
~ Have experience moving
- To be a strategic thinker and be able to improvise quickly
- Great people skills and communication skills
SkillsRequired - Truck Driving, Heavy Lifting, Excellent organizational skills
Preferred - Innovation, Great People Skills, Management Skills, Product Analysis