Social Media Internship for a Nonprofit OrganizationMargaret Byrd Rawson Institute
Community Outreach AssociateImpact Branding Consulting, Inc
Paid Intern-Contracts and Grants (IFES)IFES
Teachers/Counselors at a Transformative SAT Summer CampYleana Leadership Academy
Recruitment Internship with Non-ProfitFund for the Public Interest
Work for Progress Recruitment InternshipWork for Progress
Recruitment Intern with PIRG Campus ActionWork for Progress
Recruitment Department InternWork for Progress
Pickup/Delivery ManagerBookmark This
Friendship Circle International
100 N. Trade St.
Posted: January 26 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAre you passionate about thrifting, upcycling, and vintage stuff? Well then we're probably your perfect match! (We're the ones picking out old furniture and "junk" from people's trash and turning them into treasures!)
We've been offering social opportunities to kids and young adults with special needs so they feel included in the community and comfortable hanging out with other people. Now we're getting ready to teach our special young adults job skills by employing them in our new thrift boutique!
Here are some of the details: Our mission is to offer training and structured work opportunities to young adults with special needs in their area of interest. Our goal is to attract and maintain a strong customer base by offering a boutique-style experience at thrift store prices. Most importantly, our personalized service will exceed the expectations of all of our customers.
So.... We're looking for talented people who try to recognize potential in everyone and anything and who share our passion for helping people realize their unique skills. We currently have an opening for a Pickup/Delivery Manager to pickup donated furniture and do occasional deliveries
ResponsibilitiesPickup/Delivery Job Description:
1. Manage donation pickup times for people donating to ZABS.
2. Communicate with potential donors about scheduling times to drop-off at ZABS
3. Communicate with customers who want their furniture delivered.
4. Driving a pickup truck and 14ft. Box truck to do pickups and deliveries.
5. Research and identify different area of the Greater Charlotte community where ZABS Place can connect and arrange additional strategic locations to set up weather-proof collection bins.
6. Pop-up Yard Sales: Arrange monthly or semi-monthly sales in pre-arranged locations where warehouse items can be sold.
RequirementsHere’s what you’ll need for the job:
~ Clean driving record
~ Experience driving a 14ft Box truck
~ Pass a drug test and background check
~ Be a team-player and good problem solver
~ Have experience moving
- To be a strategic thinker and be able to improvise quickly
- Great people skills and communication skills
SkillsRequired - Excellent organizational skills, Heavy Lifting, Truck Driving
Preferred - Innovation, Product Analysis, Great People Skills, Management Skills