Leadership Development InternshipMontPIRG
Executive AssistantReconciliation Movement, Inc
Intern Needed for Global Arts Education NonprofitPlaying For Change Foundation
Special Events InternCrohn's & Colitis Foundation
Public Relations Internship (short-term and virtual)Filter Of Hope
Internship with Make-A-Wish FoundationMake-A-Wish Colorado
ALL IN CHALLENGE: FALL 2017 DIGITAL/DATA INTERNSHIPCivic Nation
AmeriCorps Community Needs MemberCitySquare
Winn Army Hospital Internship- Fort Stewart, GA.Bookmark This
American Red Cross
1061 Harmon Ave, Room 1G14
Fort Stewart, GA
Posted: August 01 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSUMMARY: The Hospital Volunteer Coordinator participates in the HR-like on-boarding process of prospective volunteers utilizing our online volunteer management system, conducting phone interviews for proper volunteer placement into the department of interest, and a variety of projects listed below. This team role is vital to the organization and requires excellent critical thinking skills.
TIME COMMITMENT: Monday and Tuesday 9-4 pm, and a third day of your choice.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and basic internet skills required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
• Not afraid to call prospects.
• Ability to work quickly and independently and to take initiative within established parameters
• Ability to work with Hospital and volunteer staff in a busy Hospital
• Ability to multi-task
• Good interpersonal skills, including initiative and ability to work well independently, while collaborating with the team.
• Hold a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation
• Pass a national background check
• Previous administrative experience preferred, but not required
• Previous volunteer experience preferred, but not required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Become very familiar American Red Cross Volunteer Connection System
• Help new volunteers through Hospital In-processing
• Be comfortable making calls to new volunteers to help determine the best fit for the prospective volunteer and the organization.
• Determine applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants, analyzing responses, comparing qualifications to job requirements, and discussing qualifications with prospect to choose best fit.
• Document all work in American Red Cross Volunteer Connection System
• Perform a wide range of administrative clerical duties
• Represent the American Red Cross professionally at all times
• Prepare materials for departmental meetings
• Gain an understanding of responsibilities resulting in ability to train replacement
• Ensure volunteers know how to use volunteer connection, download and know how to use Volunteer Connection App, log all hours, and update annual hospital requirements
• Work with Public Affairs to spotlight volunteers on social media.
• Valuable experience working with the most widely recognized humanitarian organization.
• Opportunity to learn how a hospital operates
• Opportunity to apply classroom knowledge to practical experience.
• Experience working with diverse audience.
• Enhance leadership, planning and organizational skills