Human Resources Intern100 For All
Public Relations Intern100 For All
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)100 For All
Social Media & Community Management Intern100 For All
Development InternCam Neely Foundation for Cancer Care
Nonprofit Management InternshipOur Sister's House
Corporate Engagement InternCradles To Crayons
Social Media and Community Outreach InternGardena Valley Japanese Cultural Institute
Winn Army Hospital Internship- Fort Stewart, GA.Bookmark This
American Red Cross
1061 Harmon Ave, Room 1G14
Fort Stewart, GA
Posted: August 01 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSUMMARY: The Hospital Volunteer Coordinator participates in the HR-like on-boarding process of prospective volunteers utilizing our online volunteer management system, conducting phone interviews for proper volunteer placement into the department of interest, and a variety of projects listed below. This team role is vital to the organization and requires excellent critical thinking skills.
TIME COMMITMENT: Monday and Tuesday 9-4 pm, and a third day of your choice.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and basic internet skills required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
• Not afraid to call prospects.
• Ability to work quickly and independently and to take initiative within established parameters
• Ability to work with Hospital and volunteer staff in a busy Hospital
• Ability to multi-task
• Good interpersonal skills, including initiative and ability to work well independently, while collaborating with the team.
• Hold a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation
• Pass a national background check
• Previous administrative experience preferred, but not required
• Previous volunteer experience preferred, but not required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Become very familiar American Red Cross Volunteer Connection System
• Help new volunteers through Hospital In-processing
• Be comfortable making calls to new volunteers to help determine the best fit for the prospective volunteer and the organization.
• Determine applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants, analyzing responses, comparing qualifications to job requirements, and discussing qualifications with prospect to choose best fit.
• Document all work in American Red Cross Volunteer Connection System
• Perform a wide range of administrative clerical duties
• Represent the American Red Cross professionally at all times
• Prepare materials for departmental meetings
• Gain an understanding of responsibilities resulting in ability to train replacement
• Ensure volunteers know how to use volunteer connection, download and know how to use Volunteer Connection App, log all hours, and update annual hospital requirements
• Work with Public Affairs to spotlight volunteers on social media.
• Valuable experience working with the most widely recognized humanitarian organization.
• Opportunity to learn how a hospital operates
• Opportunity to apply classroom knowledge to practical experience.
• Experience working with diverse audience.
• Enhance leadership, planning and organizational skills