Intern - Social WorkGood Seed CDC
Administrative InternThe Friendship Circle Philadelphia Region South
Special Events SpecialistThe Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Events & Outreach InternshipEmpowered Women International
Marketing and Communications InternEmpowered Women International
Program and Outreach Intern - FairfaxEmpowered Women International
2017 Summer InternshipLife Adventure Center
Social Media CoordinatorAlert Inc.
Wish Fulfillment InternshipBookmark This
110 16th Street Suite 406
Posted: October 04 2016
Application Deadline: December 9, 2016
Position: 4 Part-time, Paid
Timeframe: 01/09/17 — 04/07/17 (Flexible)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWish of a Lifetime (WOL) is a nonprofit based in Denver, CO whose mission is to shift the way society views and values our oldest generations by fulfilling seniors’ dreams and sharing their stories to inspire those of all ages. These meaningful experiences connect seniors with the passions, people, and purpose that bring meaning and joy to life. Wish of a Lifetime strives to engage the community in supporting and celebrating these amazing seniors, and contributing to the accomplishment of their lifelong dreams.
WOL offers both academic and non-academic internships. Internships provide the opportunity to engage in meaningful nonprofit work through WOL’s wish fulfillment program.
• Please submit a cover letter, writing sample, and resume/work history via email or fax addressed to Brittany Polson.
o Fax: 303-648-5626
• We are interested in learning the following about you:
o Academic and career goals
o Skills, work and volunteer experience, coursework relevant to the internship
o Employment history
o Any information that you think will help explain why you should be chosen for this internship.
o Why is it important to value senior citizens?
o Availability and schedule preferences
• Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is chosen for each available position
ResponsibilitiesPositions: WOL offers both academic and non-academic internships. Internships provide the opportunity to engage in meaningful nonprofit work through WOL’s wish fulfillment program. Wish Fulfillment Intern responsibilities include:
• Call and interview seniors and nominators about their Wish submissions.
• Schedule and coordinate all interested parties for wishes.
• Coordinate and attend wish send-off events and celebrations, when applicable.
• Solicit, purchase or make necessary arrangements for each wish as assigned.
• Work with staff to post wishes via social media, web and other avenues.
• Disseminate information on wish program and wish events.
• Assist with inquiries and requests from regional and national media outlets.
• Conduct local outreach to inform organizations and individuals about our Mission and uncover wishes for deserving seniors in the community.
• Assist with ongoing and annual fundraising campaigns.
• Maintain media asset libraries including wish stories, photographs and video.
- All positions are based in Denver, Colorado
- Some flexibility for working offsite is available
- Internships typically run for 12 weeks and are concurrent with the academic schedules of Colorado institutions of higher learning. WOL attempts to be flexible with internship scheduling.
• Accommodations will be made for holidays and academic and/or work schedules
• Interns are expected to follow the WOL Intern/Volunteer handbook and are responsible for fulfilling the time commitment as noted
• Interns are expected to fulfill a minimum of 16 hours per week and a total of 200 hours throughout the course of the internship
• Interns are responsible for their own transportation, parking and housing
• Interns receive a stipend of approx. $166 per month for the three-month internship, intended to defray expenses associated with the volunteer internship
RequirementsThe internship program is designed for individuals with the goal of becoming leaders in the non-profit sector. Interns work closely with staff members in a collaborative environment and during their term of service are expected to complete projects that directly contribute to the execution of the organization’s mission and vision. Ideal candidates will possess a desire to enact meaningful social change within the community. Participation will provide interns with the opportunity to gain skills and experience in communication, creative writing, fundraising, and project management.
SkillsRequired - Communication, Writing, Project Management, Multi Tasking, Microsoft Suite
Preferred - Non-profit Volunteer