Volunteer Recruitment/Management InternPark Silly Sunday Market
New Projects Internship- FALL 2017International Institute of Akron
Refugee Resettlement Internship- FALL 2017International Institute of Akron
Volunteer Coordination Internship- FALL 2017International Institute of Akron
Organizing InternMove to Amend
Intern/Project Assistant: ASIA (Burma/Monitoring and Evaluation)NDI
Intern/Project Assistant: ASIANDI
Safety and Security InternDavid A Straz, Jr. Center for the Performing Arts
Year Up Student Services InternshipBookmark This
40 Fountain Street, 7th floor
Posted: May 12 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Year Up's mission is to close the Opportunity Divide in our country by providing urban young adults with the skills, experience, and support that will empower them to reach their potential through professional careers and higher education.
We achieve this through a high-support, high-expectation model that combines marketable job skills, stipends, corporate internships, college-level coursework, a behavior guidance system and several levels of support to place these young adults on a viable path to economic self-sufficiency. Our intensive training and education program serves urban young adults, ages 18-24, in Boston, New York City, Providence and Washington, D.C. We have achieved excellent results to date: 100% placement of qualified students into internships, 90% of interns meet or exceed partner expectations, 87% of graduates placed in full or part-time positions, and a $16/hr. average wage at placement.
Year Up has received numerous awards, including Fast Company Magazine’s Social Capitalist Awards in 2005, 2006, and 2007, recognizing Year Up’s innovative model and social impact. For more information, please visit www.yearup.org.
The Student Services Intern is responsible for supporting the Student Services department for the Providence site and working collaboratively with the departments Specialists and Associate Director of Program. The Student Service intern will assist with coordinating and identifying community resources and establish strong one-on-one connections with students beginning during the intake and application process through program completion. The successful candidate for this position is detail oriented and extremely organized. S/he must also be flexible enough to work in a fast-paced, growing environment. In keeping with Year Up’s values, the Student Services Intern will also interact with students as an advocate, participating in creating and sustaining a positive educational environment, as well as building trust among students, faculty and worksite leaders.
This is a part-time (10 – 25 hours/weekly) position, reporting to the Associate Director of Program, Year Up – Providence.
*Social Work students are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Help evaluate prospective students during the initial intake process.
• Assist in documenting social work interactions using the organizational database.
• Participate in one on one meetings with students.
• Research, identify and promote relevant resources to students and staff.
• Assist in managing all external/internal donations and resources
• Assist in organizing and managing all Student Service related initiatives/events including the RI Blood Drive, Supporters Event and the Clothing Closet.
• Develop successful and trusting relationships with the students and create and sustain an environment at Year Up that supports these relationships.
• Participation in all team and community activities.
• May be called on to support other functional areas of program, as needed
• Professional and positive customer service-driven approach
• Outstanding writing, verbal and interpersonal communication skills – with an ability to connect with people from a variety of backgrounds
• A creative, resourceful, responsive style with a strong attention to detail and follow-through and the ability to work independently and as a team player
• Demonstrated success building, managing and growing meaningful, confidential relationships with a wide range of constituents in the greater Rhode Island community
• Highly developed project and time management skills
• Ability to learn new tasks quickly and juggle multiple priorities
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word required; experience with PowerPoint, Outlook and database software preferred
• A passion for working with urban youth and an unshakable belief in their potential
• A strong work ethic and positive attitude, with a willingness to be flexible and do whatever it takes to get the job done