Community Development and Signature Event InternGirl Scouts of the Jersey Shore
Grassroots Organizer InternshipCompassion & Choices NY
Membership Volunteer InternMaryland Nonprofits
Public Relations InternAspect Int'l Language Academies At University Of Central Florida
Non-Profit Development InternAmerican Institute for Behavioral Research and Technology
Social Media & Community Management InternChildren's Advocacy Centers of Georgia, Inc.
Summer 2017 Communications InternshipA Glimmer of Hope
Annual Meeting InternNACUBO
Youth & community marketing and outreach - DC areaBookmark This
I Got Heart
912 S Belgrade Rd
Silver Spring, MD
Posted: June 08 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAre you looking to use your skills in marketing and community outreach to make a positive impact among young people?
Are you a better fit with dynamic, independent, and mostly remote work, compared to coming to an office to do more or less the same thing every day?
Are you up for figuring out the best way to achieve a goal, as opposed to being given detailed instructions on how to do everything?
If so - read on about this internship!
I Got Heart is seeking a high school student or recent high school graduate to help us connect with youth in the community and other organizations that serve youth in the DC area. We are a team of all volunteers and we provide grants to youth to do service projects. Your task is to help us get the word out! This means being able to do research on existing organizations, reaching out directly to youth, building relationships, and essentially helping us do as much good as we can.
Our Heart Awards program funds student-led service projects of up to $500. We seek to provide youth with resources to bring their visions to life.
An ideal candidate would be a self-starter, highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and passionate about leveraging your skills to positively impact young people. While we have outreach tactics we have tried in the past, and existing relationships with several organizations, we are open to innovation and your ideas.
While this is an unpaid position, there are a variety of benefits:
• Real world work experience
• Opportunity to make a positive impact in the lives of young people
• High level of independence and responsibility
• Stipend to help cover your travel expenses
How to apply:
1 Review our website (heartawards.org)
2 Send a resume and cover letter sharing more about you, why you’re interested in this internship, and any ideas you have for doing outreach to youth in the area. Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are considering applicants from the DC area only.
• Developing and executing marketing strategies to engage youth and youth-serving orgs
• Engaging via social media
• Making updates on the website (optional)
• Identifying and exploring partnerships with other organizations
• Regular check-ins and working meetings with team and supervisor
• Passion in youth development and empowerment
• Interest or experience doing work in the community
• Interest or Track of Study in Marketing/PR/Communications
• Ability to commit to 15+ hours a week
◦ This does not have to a “9-5” set of hours. We are very flexible with when and how you work.
• Ability to take initiative and work independently when needed
SkillsRequired - Youth Development, Business Communications, Building Community Partnerships
Preferred - Communications, High School Students, Youth Entrepreneurship, Youth Culture