Fine Arts / Gallery InternHouston Ballet Ben Stevenson Academy
Adaptive Sports InternBreckenridge Outdoor Education Center
Non-Profit Management & Development InternSan Antonio Parks Foundation
Volunteer and Outreach Internship - Kentucky Horse ParkKentucky Horse Park
Graphic & Visual Artists- Help us help others.Hope for the Day
Spring Intern, Volunteer RelationsNew York Cares
Research, Writing and Outreach InternGlobal Peace Foundation USA
Human Trafficking InternGlobal Peace Foundation USA
Youth DevelopmentBookmark This
Boys & Girls Clubs of the Los Angeles Harbor
1200 s. Cabrillo Ave.
San Pedro, CA
Posted: October 07 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 10 Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionYouth Development Internship at Boys & Girls Clubs of the Los Angeles Harbor available year round. We're looking for ethical interns to assist in our efforts of enabling all youth, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential by offering purpose driven programs that impact our member's lives.
Responsibilities- Assist the YD team with program planning, member intake, staff scheduling, and interactive youth programs.
- Participate in college recruiting events to represent the organization and identify potential candidates
- Provide administrative support to Volunteer Program Coordinator and Site Supervisors, including, calendar management, organizing events, completing expense reports, and submitting order/service requests
- Host programs in our 3 main component areas (Athletics, Arts, Academics) answer phones, print/copy documents, order supplies, and set up volunteer, staff and parent meetings/ orientations.
- Demonstrate discretion, integrity, fair-mindedness, and a persuasive, congenial personality
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Child Development or related field
- Possess and exhibit a strong and genuine interest in working with youth and the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
SkillsRequired - Commitment to Customer Service, Microsoft Office 2013
Preferred - Youth Development, Bilingual-English/Spanish, Arts, Youth Empowerment, Youth Engagement, Athlete Development, Building Customer Loyalty, Academic Achievement, Youth Entrepreneurship, After School Programs, Positive Youth Development, Building Customer Relations, At-risk Youth