Social Media Internship for a Nonprofit OrganizationMargaret Byrd Rawson Institute
Community Outreach AssociateImpact Branding Consulting, Inc
Paid Intern-Contracts and Grants (IFES)IFES
Teachers/Counselors at a Transformative SAT Summer CampYleana Leadership Academy
Recruitment Internship with Non-ProfitFund for the Public Interest
Work for Progress Recruitment InternshipWork for Progress
Recruitment Intern with PIRG Campus ActionWork for Progress
Recruitment Department InternWork for Progress
Youth Program Facilitator InternBookmark This
First Things First of Greater Richmond
2101 Maywill Street,
Posted: May 16 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionFirst Things First of Greater Richmond (FTF) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to strengthening families for a better community through education, collaboration and mobilization.
In an effort to reverse the trend of destructive relationships and to strengthen the infrastructure of our community, FTF:
• Advocates for strong, healthy, life-long marriages
• Encourages both mothers and fathers to be active in the lives of their children
• Works to prevent out of wedlock and teen pregnancies
Responsibilities• Facilitate activities for youth participants.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and professional relationships with youth participants, staff, administrators, parents, partners and volunteers.
• Attend program meetings and training's as scheduled.
• Plan, arrange and execute activities related to the program design.
• Prepare for each group session, including reviewing the curriculum for the week and gathering and/or preparing materials.
• Provide additional administrative task assigned by Assistant Director of Youth Programs.
• Assist with program evaluation activities
Requirements• Be a positive and productive role model for students and professionals.
• Excellent public speaking skills.
• Ability to meet a flexible schedule and travel to various locations within the Richmond community.
• Possess a high level of motivation, is energetic and proactive.
• Able to be a team player, but also able work under little direction.
• Prior facilitation experience is a plus.
• Be willing to obtain a background check.
• Have a valid Driver’s License