Justice Organizer in EscondidoJustice Overcoming Boundaries
Grassroots Organizer InternshipCompassion & Choices NY
Graphic Design Intern at VoteRunLeadVoteRunLead
Friendly VisitingFriendly Visiting
Digital & Communication InternSafe Kids Worldwide
Cape Fear Volunteer Center Programming CoordinatorCape Fear Volunteer Center- Big Buddy Program
Grant researcher and writerChildren's Museum of Roanoke
Executive Administrative AssistantHEROES
Youth Program Facilitator InternBookmark This
Relationship Foundation of Virginia
2101 Maywill Street,
Posted: May 16 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionFirst Things First of Greater Richmond (FTF) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to strengthening families for a better community through education, collaboration and mobilization.
In an effort to reverse the trend of destructive relationships and to strengthen the infrastructure of our community, FTF:
• Advocates for strong, healthy, life-long marriages
• Encourages both mothers and fathers to be active in the lives of their children
• Works to prevent out of wedlock and teen pregnancies
Responsibilities• Facilitate activities for youth participants.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and professional relationships with youth participants, staff, administrators, parents, partners and volunteers.
• Attend program meetings and training's as scheduled.
• Plan, arrange and execute activities related to the program design.
• Prepare for each group session, including reviewing the curriculum for the week and gathering and/or preparing materials.
• Provide additional administrative task assigned by Assistant Director of Youth Programs.
• Assist with program evaluation activities
Requirements• Be a positive and productive role model for students and professionals.
• Excellent public speaking skills.
• Ability to meet a flexible schedule and travel to various locations within the Richmond community.
• Possess a high level of motivation, is energetic and proactive.
• Able to be a team player, but also able work under little direction.
• Prior facilitation experience is a plus.
• Be willing to obtain a background check.
• Have a valid Driver’s License