Kitten Nursery InternBest Friends Animal Society
Community Cat (TNR) InternBest Friends Animal Society
TRIBE ARTISTS FOUNDATION - Non Profit Fundraising Intern/Volunteer ***IMMEDIATE HIRE** (SPRING 2017)Tribe Artists, LLC
Fundraising InternNothing But Net-Elite Basketball Coaching
Public Relations and Social Media InternWish of a Lifetime
Social Media & Communications InternNaugatuck Youth Services, Inc.
Fundraising, Development & Special Events InternNaugatuck Youth Services, Inc.
Special Events Intern (Fall/Winter 17/18)Naugatuck Youth Services, Inc.
Youth Program InternshipBookmark This
Bridges to Independence
3103 9th Rd. N.
Posted: October 16 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionBridges to Independence (b2i) is Northern Virginia’s leading provider of services for homeless women/families and those at risk. We are seeking a Youth Program Intern to lead at-risk youth and volunteer groups in our after-school academic program. This is an opportunity to develop teaching and mentoring skills with elementary school and middle school youth. The Youth Program Intern should be able to make a consistent commitment of 10-15 hours a week Mondays through Thursdays 6:00pm-8:00pm. This unpaid position is ideal for a college student who is interested in youth development, education, or nonprofit management. Graduate students seeking to expand their teaching experience are also encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities• Conduct weekly after-school youth program
• Provide clear direction to volunteers who will be tutoring and mentoring underserved youth
• Assist in the facilitation of youth group activities
• Support Youth Coordinator in volunteer recruitment
• Tracking youth and volunteer attendance
• Monitoring student progress through weekly assessments
• Assist in development of relationships with community organizations and community outreach
Requirements• Strong interest in youth development and/or previous experience working directly with PreK-12 students
• Currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate program or recent graduate
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Fast learner with the ability to work independently with little or no supervision
• Possess flexibility, enthusiasm and patience