Social Media Internship for a Nonprofit OrganizationMargaret Byrd Rawson Institute
Community Outreach AssociateImpact Branding Consulting, Inc
Paid Intern-Contracts and Grants (IFES)IFES
Teachers/Counselors at a Transformative SAT Summer CampYleana Leadership Academy
Recruitment Internship with Non-ProfitFund for the Public Interest
Work for Progress Recruitment InternshipWork for Progress
Recruitment Intern with PIRG Campus ActionWork for Progress
Recruitment Department InternWork for Progress
Youth Programs InternBookmark This
678 Joseph E Boone Blvd NW
Posted: October 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAbout Urban Perform:
Founded in January 2012 as a local nonprofit gym, we work to improve the health of families in underserved communities by promoting quality nutrition and active lifestyles. We partner with local organizations to decrease rates of obesity, cardiovascular disease and diabetes; thus, creating a health conscious change in the community. We provide free fitness and nutrition programs for kids as well as $2 classes in various formats for adults including circuit training, Spin, Zumba, and Yoga. We currently serve the English Ave, Vine City and Washington Park neighborhoods on the Westside of Atlanta.
About the Position:
This position is offered during the spring, summer and fall semesters. The target population of Urban Perform is predominately non-hispanic Black youth who live in the English Avenue Vine, Vine City and Washington Park communities. Youth Program Interns with Urban Perform will have the opportunity to gain experience in many different aspects of the fitness industry, including, but not limited to:
• Comprehensive fitness assessments
• Incentive program development
• Group exercise class instruction
• Create fun and engaging age appropriate workouts
• After school program instruction
• Summer camp program instruction
• Physical Education class instruction
• Professional development and networking
Responsibilities• Assist the Youth Programs Director in the daily activities of Urban Perform’s P.O.W.E.R UP program.
• Assist with day to day operations with elementary school physical education program.
• Assist in maintaining measurable data for grant purposes.
• Provide additional support to leadership and staff in the areas of planning, management, program execution and communications.
• Assist in fostering relationships among local schools, universities, businesses, and other community youth and education programs to enhance the development of P.O.W.E.R UP.
• Candidates for this internship should have a strong desire to work with youth and health/fitness
• Preference of students in their junior or senior year, pursing a BS or BA Degree in fitness, health & physical education, health & wellness, or related field
• Experience/interest in working with youth ranging from school aged to high school.
• Preferred course work in exercise testing and prescription, exercise physiology and anatomy, health and physical education.
• Current CPR/AED/First Aid certification from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross
• Good communication and interpersonal skills are a must
• Group fitness or personal training certification a plus