Organic Juice & Smoothie Bar AssociateNooks & Kindles, LLC
Marketing and Nutrition InternFeel Great 365
Mobile Food Pantry AssistantAction for Boston Community Development, Inc.
Food Dollars TrainersAction for Boston Community Development, Inc.
Nutrition Enthusiast / Social Media ContributorFOOD STORY INC.
Healthy Places Nutritional Recipes InternBookmark This
Capital District Community Gardens
40 River Street
DescriptionAbout Capital District Community Gardens
For more than 35 years, Capital District Community Gardens (CDCG) has worked to reduce the impact poor nutrition has had on public health in the Capital Region by organizing urban community gardens, offering healthy food access, providing nutritional and horticultural education for all ages, and coordinating urban greening programs.
Healthy Places is a program at Capital District Community Gardens that is made up of The Veggie Mobile, the Veggie Mobile Sprout, and the Healthy Convenience Store Initiative. These three programs collaborate in alleviating the nutritional inequality felt by people living in low income neighborhoods. The Healthy Places Program is comprised of a hardworking, diverse, and enthusiastic team of people.
• Help plan our entire offering of healthy prepared foods
• Assist in preparing and packaging healthy soups and salads for sale
• Work alongside a staff member in a commercial kitchen where proper food preparation and handling is a must
• Contribute creative recipes and ideas to encourage sales of nutritious food to low income populations
• Unpaid, college credit may be available
Interns will have the opportunity to pursue related interests and special projects toward fulfillment of the program. Spring, summer and fall internships are available.
Please send resume and cover letter to EJ Krans, Healthy Places Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
ResponsibilitiesDuties include but are not limited to:
• Planning nutritional offerings
• Preparing and cooking soup and salad recipes
• Assisting in cleanup and packaging of prepared food
• Overall help in the operation of Healthy Places programs
• Commitment to serving residents living in urban neighborhoods
• Positive and enthusiastic energy to confront food insecurity issues
• Desire to work in a team environment
• Desire to work in food preparation with heart healthy fresh foods