Nutritional Recipes InternBookmark This
Capital District Community Gardens
40 River St.
DescriptionAbout Capital District Community Gardens
For more than 35 years, Capital District Community Gardens (CDCG) has worked to reduce the impact poor nutrition has had on public health in the Capital Region by organizing urban community gardens, offering healthy food access, providing nutritional and horticultural education for all ages, and coordinating urban greening programs.
Healthy Places is a CDCG initiative that is made up of The Veggie Mobile, the Veggie Mobile Sprout, and the Healthy Convenience Store Initiative. These three programs work together to alleviate the nutritional inequality felt by residents living in low income neighborhoods. The Healthy Places initiative is comprised of a hardworking, diverse and enthusiastic team of people.
The Nutritional Recipes Intern will help plan the program’s entire offering of healthy “fast foods.” As the Nutritional Recipes Intern, you will assist various members of the team in preparing and packaging healthy soups and salads which are sold through the Healthy Places programs. You will be working alongside a staff member in a commercial kitchen where proper food preparation and handling is a necessity. Healthy Places is looking for someone who enjoys cooking and is passionate about nutritious food. Additionally, the intern should be someone who can contribute creative recipes and ideas for selling nutritious food to low-income populations. Flexible work hours.
ResponsibilitiesDuties include, but are not limited to:
• Planning nutritional offerings
• Preparing and cooking soup and salad recipes
• Assisting in cleanup and packaging of prepared food
• Overall help in the operation of Healthy Places programming
• Commitment to serving residents living in urban neighborhoods
• Positive and enthusiastic energy to confront food insecurity issues
• Desire to work in a team environment
• Desire to work in food preparation with heart healthy fresh foods