Campus Internship - $23/hr - NationwideVeryones
Nutrition/Fitness Hybrid InternshipOne on One Fitness Consultants Inc.
Social Media & Community Management InternLa Dolce Vita Nutrition
English Senior, Looking for a Team to Help Build a Tecnical WebsiteManIntheMiddle
Hemp foods company seeking internsEvo Hemp
Nutrition Technology Internshipneatfoodie technologies
Writer for Food and Nutrition Web SiteDietitianAnswers.com
Dietetic InternQlife/UpLift Solutions
Functional Foods and NutritionBookmark This
Functional Food Center/Functional Food Institute
Posted: October 31 2016
Company Location: Dallas, TX
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionFunctional Food Institute/ Functional Food Center (FFC) is a pioneer in functional food industry, combining cutting-edge expertise in the biomedical sciences with practical business experience in order to aid in further research, development, and commercialization of functional food innovations in both domestic and international markets. The FFC connects a global network of professionals (scientists, functional food experts, and food industry representatives) to an environment conducive to innovative research collaboration.
For more than 18 years, FFC has promoted research for further development and commercialization of functional foods for chronic diseases. Join us in the innovative work we do- either by organizing conferences, writing textbooks, or publishing peer-reviewed articles in the journal of Functional Foods in Health and Disease (FFHD). We are looking for dedicated and detail-oriented interns who are eager to learn and hone new skills. We especially welcome students who are looking for an internship with academic credit.
Whether you are looking for an internship to learn more about functional foods and chronic diseases or to develop future professional skills, FFC provides students with many options for personal growth and substantial experience to add to your resume.
FFC helps students and recent graduates learn more about functional food science and gain excellent research, writing, and copyediting skills. All internships are flexible and based on intern’s objectives. Plus, since all internships are virtual and remote, we accept students from all around the US and cater to their work availability.
As you finish your internship you will receive:
1) Certificate for Internship
2) Certificate for a free 12-month membership for the Academic Society for Functional Foods and Bioactive Compounds
3) One free conference registration within 12 months of internship
4) Support with recommendation letter if needed
5) If interested, possible academic credit
ResponsibilitiesAs an intern you will gain experience in the following areas:
• Produce bi-weekly newsletters for subscriber base (over 450,000 readers)
• Edit, review, and publish articles submitted to the FFHD
• Work on content for upcoming functional food textbooks
• Writing a review article for the scientific journal
• Communicate with scientists and health professionals from all over the world
Requirements• University student or recent college graduate (Writing, English, Biology, or Food/Nutrition, or Health-related majors are welcome to apply)
• Extensive editing, proofreading, organizational, and research skills
• Publishing experience, a plus
• 15-20 hours/week - flexible schedule (200 hours in total)