2017 Summer InternshipGreen Source Organics
Blogging for Graffiti HouseGraffiti House
Nutrition/Fitness Hybrid InternshipOne on One Fitness Consultants Inc.
Functional Foods and NutritionFunctional Food Center/Functional Food Institute
Hemp foods company seeking internsEvo Hemp
Nutrition Technology Internshipneatfoodie technologies
Writer for Food and Nutrition Web SiteDietitianAnswers.com
Dietetic InternQlife/UpLift Solutions
Nutrition InternBookmark This
1422 Grayson Street
San Antonio, TX
Posted: February 19 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSan Antonio Youth's mission is to develop the characters, strengths, talents, and skills of at-risk youth living low-income communities who have dropped out of school. We help provide free after school "out of school time" programs that engage students from elementary to middle school, in fun, safe experiences, and positive learning environments. We also provide free support for unemployed high school drop outs from low-income communities by registering them in our recovery programs that allow them to attain their GED or high school diploma while participating in workforce training and community service.
The Nutrition Intern will work directly with the Nutrition Coordinator to develop dinner and snack menu according to agency nutrition guidelines and policies.
Responsibilities· Coordinate/conduct healthy menu planning and preparation workshops for families to address childhood obesity and diabetes issues
· Provide assistance with data and meal tracking, as well as other evaluations and assessments
· Coordinate nutrition related, bilingual publication dissemination of SFSP materials to children and parents.
· Assist with meal program, overseeing all aspects SFSP including: placing weekly food and supply orders; maintaining all required and necessary paperwork; monitoring sites for proper preparation, serving and paperwork; and ensuring the preparation and content of each meal meets all contract guidelines
· Makes phone calls, runs errands, files, requests quotes and transcribes letters on behalf of Program Director.
· Assists with meetings – assistance includes, but is not limited to, mail-outs, telephone reminders, room set-up and clean-up, making copies, etc.
· Checks data weekly to ensure accuracy of data entered; may help enter data into databases as needed.
· Maintains Nutrition Program files.
· Other duties as assigned
Requirements· Must be a current University or College student in good academic standing
· Detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license required
· Sophisticated computer knowledge and proficiency, using databases, spreadsheets, word-processing, e-mail and other business application software.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks as well as work under and meet deadlines.
· Self-motivated, resourceful and creative with problem solving.
SkillsRequired - Nutrition, Kinesiology
Preferred - Nutrition, Communication Skills, Organization & prioritization skills, Kinesiology, Bilingual-English/Spanish, Writing Skills, Planning & Organizing Skills, Child Nutrition