Live Concert PhotographerDrift & Die Press
Photography/Design internsKennedy International
Photography InternStand Up NY
Photography/ Videography InternJAEST
Photographer / EditorLovely Valentine Photography
PhotographyCulture Shock Washington DC - Dance Troupe
Video ProductionCulture Shock Washington DC - Dance Troupe
Exhibit Photography InternshipBookmark This
161 Museum Drive
Posted: May 17 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
The AACA Museum is a non-profit 501(C)(3) institution dedicated to the preservation of transportation vehicles via education and entertainment. The AACA Museum (Antique Automobile Club of America) has been established since 2003. More details: www.aacamuseum.org
About the Program
The AACA Museum of Hershey, PA is embarking on a massive endeavor to re-organize the entire collection within its holdings into the Past Perfect program, partially available for community access.
The Exhibit Objects Photography internship (via the AACA Museum) runs Tuesday through Sunday year round during museum business hours, within the collections room. The AACA Museum is looking for interns to work a minimum of one day a week. This program is open to both high school juniors/seniors and college students of a serious to mind to intern within a fast paced museum. The chosen applicants are expected to perform their duties and uphold the same rules and regulations as paid employees.
Cataloging software utilized by the AACA Museum, Past Perfect (V5).
Reports to Exhibit Programs Director
ResponsibilitiesAs the size of this collection is so massive, the responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
• Working directly with the Lead Registrar and Exhibit Programs Director
• Photographing objects within a preselected area
• Cropping images
• Grouping images into folders for upload
• Barcode tagging of digital images
• Other duties as assigned as it relates to the object collection or loan
Exhibit Management will be accepting applications for student interns on an ongoing basis starting immediately. The program has an opening for four unpaid internship applicants who:
• Are currently enrolled in:
o College – maintained at least a 2.00 GPA
o Will consider sophomore applications based on GPA and teacher/professor recommendation letters (required)
• ability to lift up to 30lbs
• have access to the internet to receive project updates
• a method of transportation to/from AACA Museum.
• have their own camera
*Museum will consider more than four interns if applicants have access to their own DSL(R) camera, computer system for photo cropping and organization into folders. Museum will provide a SD card for use in personal equipment. Images taken can be worked on from home with the understanding that all images taken are the property of the AACA Museum Inc. The museum will allow use of select images for personal portfolios.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply for consideration including the following:
• Complete online form
• Cover letter
• a resume or curriculum vitae
• a portfolio or sample images
• a short essay describing the interest, skills, and experience that the candidate could bring to the program along with what the intern hopes to take away from their experience from this particular project.