Exhibits Objects Photographer InternshipBookmark This
AACA Museum Inc.
161 Museum Drive
The AACA Museum is a non-profit 5013c institution dedicated to the preservation of transportation vehicles via education and entertainment. The AACA Museum (Antique Automobile Club of America) has been established since 2003. More details: www.aacamuseum.org
About the Program
The AACA Museum of Hershey, PA is embarking on a massive endeavor to re-organize the entire collection within its holdings into the Past Perfect program to be completed by spring of 2017. Partially available for community access by fall of 2016.
The Exhibit Objects Photographer internship (via the AACA Museum) runs Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday year round during museum business hours, within the collections room. The AACA Museum is looking for interns to work a minimum of one day a week. This program is open to both high school and college students of a serious to mind to intern within a fast paced museum. The chosen applicants are expected to perform their duties and uphold the same rules and regulations as paid employees.
Cataloguing software utilized by the AACA Museum, Past Perfect (V4).
Reports to Lead Registrar and Exhibit Programs Director
ResponsibilitiesAs the size of this collection is so massive, the responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
The responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
• Working directly with the Lead Registrar and Exhibit Programs Director
• Photographing objects within a preselected area
• Cropping images
• Grouping images into folders for upload into PP4
• Barcode tagging of digital images
• Other duties as assigned as it relates to the object collection or loan
Exhibit Management will be accepting applications for student interns on an ongoing basis starting immediately. The program has an opening for two* (2) unpaid internship applicants who (Starting August 2014):
• Are currently enrolled in:
o College – maintained at least a 2.75 GPA
o High School – maintained at least a 2.75 GPA
• have completed their sophomore year by the end of spring 2014
o Will consider sophomore applications based on GPA and teacher/professor recommendation letters
• ability to lift up to 30lbs
• have access to the internet to receive project updates
• a method of transportation to/from AACA Museum.
*Museum will consider more than two (2) interns if applicants have access to their own DSL(R) camera, computer system for photo cropping and organization into folders. Museum will provide a SD card for use in personal equipment. Images taken can be worked on from home with the understanding that all images taken are the property of the AACA Museum Inc. The museum will allow students to use select images to be utilized for student portfolios.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply for consideration including the following:
• Complete online form
Include the additional information below: You can be attach with online form depending on account status. Can be forwarded separately to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Exhibit Objects Photography Intern
• Proof of academic enrollment.
• A letter of recommendation from current or former college or high school professor / teacher, academic advisors, or current or recent employers
• a resume or curriculum vitae
• a portfolio or sample images
• a short essay describing the interest, skills, and experience that the candidate could bring to the program along with what the intern hopes to take away from their experience from this particular project.