Photographer / PhotojournalistBookmark This
3 Office Park Cir. Suite 316
Starnes Publishing, the parent company for five Birmingham-area publications, is seeking photography or photojournalist interns for upcoming semesters. Responsibilities would include collecting photographs and information for captions from assigned events and releasing them to the company for publication. Night and weekend work may be required.
Name: Starnes Publishing
Category: Print and digital publications
Address: 313 Office Park Cir. Suite 316, Birmingham, AL 35253
Phone: (205) 313-1780
Starnes' publications are: 280 Living (280living.com); The Homewood Star (thehomewoodstar.com); Village Living (villagelivingonline.com) ; Hoover Sun (hooversun.com); and Vestavia Voice (vestaviavoice.com).
Job Title: Photography / Photojournalism Intern
Contact: Jeff Thompson
No. of Openings: 2
Hours per Week: 15-20
Wage/Salary or Stipend/Unpaid: Unpaid
Send portfolio or link to online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
ResponsibilitiesThe intern must:
* Attend weekly meetings.
* Have access to transportation.
* Be available to work some nights and weekends according to a set weekly schedule.
* Be able to collect names and information of persons photographed to accompany photographs in print.
* Be able to work on strict deadlines.
RequirementsThe intern must:
* Demonstrate a working knowledge of digital photography and use of SLR cameras and associated equipment.
Videography experience not necessary, but is beneficial.