Photographer and Photo Editor (Intern)Bookmark This
Black Men's Dossier
DescriptionBlack Men’s Dossier
So, you absolutely love art and photography. Perhaps you’re interested in events and men’s fashion, and need to build your portfolio. Here’s an opportunity to be a part of a team, have a voice, and contribute to an emerging new digital publication, Black Men’s Dossier.
Black Men’s Dossier is a digital site that focuses on all aspects of black professional men. Hence the name dossier, we create a complete profile of the black male experience with reporting, opinions, editorials, and videos. The mission is to document the lives of black men everywhere, and be the curator to the black men’s lifestyle.
The Photographer and Photo Editor (Intern) reports to Black Men’s Dossier Operations Manager. The interns’ primary responsibility is capturing images for events and fashion spreads. The intern will take photographs with a digital SLR camera, and edit the photographs with computer software.
• Major in fine art, digital art, marketing, journalism, or related field.
• Ability to functionally use a digital SLR cameras such Nikons and Canons professional cameras
• Able to capture and maintain a certain mood for the shoot
• Able to shoot indoors and outdoors in various types of lighting conditions
• Knowledge of photo editing software such as Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom.
• Interest in pursuing a job in photojournalism, marketing or fashion photography
• Interest in men’s issues such as entertainment and fashion is a plus
• Owning your own DSLR camera is not mandatory, but a plus
• Photograph for editorial, marketing campaigns and events
• Light set up prior to shoots
• Image selection for photo retouching with photo editing software
• Prepping for photo shoots
• Model direction