Photography Studio InternBookmark This
Michael Indresano Photography
33 A Street
DescriptionAn established commercial photo studio in downtown Boston is looking for an intern for 30-40 hours per week. Since this is an unpaid internship, only students enrolled in an accredited educational institution may participate in the internship program. Please let us know if you are seeking academic credit in your cover letter.
This is a great hands-on experience to learn many different aspects of the photography business. The intern will work closely with staff and will be treated as a valued member of the team. We are looking for someone who is reliable, proactive and a team player that is able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
A successful intern must have strong client and co-worker communication skills, both written and verbal, along with strong organizational skills. Non-shoot days will require help with general duties in the studio and assisting the digital tech and studio producer with pre and post-shoot responsibilities and studio upkeep.
Please send a resume and cover letter stating goals and objectives to firstname.lastname@example.org - No phone calls please.
Responsibilities- Assist w/lighting set-up and break down.
- Take photos of shoots for our blog and social media presence.
- Assist in all aspects of video and photographic communications and contribute to planning and storyboarding
- Assist in the end-to-end process from storyboarding to logistics to shooting to editing and publishing
- Create signage, newsletters, email campaigns, online promotions, etc.
- Provide support to social media efforts to target new audiences.
- Assist with trade shows and special events to promote company and increase attendance.
- Research and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials.
- Collaborate on team presentations for management and clients.
- Publish videos primarily to the web and touch-up still photography
- Utilizes social media to engage with a community of fans/followers online
- Coordinates online marketing and advertising campaigns
- Collaborates with internal departments on projects and assignments
- Demonstrates interest in social media and how media and communication strategies can continuously engage the online community
Requirements- Knowledge of digital photography cameras and lighting equipment
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exhibits personal qualities, such as open-mindedness, enthusiasm and adaptability
- Prefers challenges, fast pace, new ideas, future focus and unstructured environment
- Proficiency in CS5, Capture Software and Microsoft Office is preferred. Knowledge of Profoto, Leaf, Sinar, Hassablad and other medium format cameras and lighting equipment is a plus.
- Knowledge of HDSLR video capture, video editing (Final Cut), and sound recording is also a bonus.