Seeking Photography Intern for Lifestyle Blog!Bookmark This
Varies on a day-to-day basis (working and researching remotely, communicating with co-founders via phone/email, meeting up with co-founders on location)
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionHaute Hammer, an online lifestyle community, is currently interviewing full- and part-time unpaid interns to work in a small team located in Los Angeles. Help a startup brand expand from the ground up with expectations for a fast and large growth.
You will work VERY closely with the blog’s two awesome co-founders where their team’s voices are truly valued. Get ready for more hands-on responsibility than anyone else would dare give you.
About the company: Haute Hammer (www.hautehammer.com) is a startup blog that inspires a hands-on lifestyle through topics of fashion, food, DIY, travel and occasional thoughts-about-life. This blog was created by two best friends who crave and create adventures in their own lives and thrive in nurturing supportive and loving friendships, especially positive female energy (read this post to learn more: http://www.hautehammer.com/happy-re-launch-day/). Their brand’s vision is to create a space for readers to feel inspired to venture freely in their own lives with confidence, curiosity, and positivity.
We’re currently seeking very motivated and forward-thinking interns with big ideas (not egos) who are strongly passionate about entrepreneurship, trends (fashion, food, DIY, travel, etc.), and social media. Interns hired for these positions need strong critical thinking skills and a great personality in order to integrate into our dynamic, enthusiastic and passionate team. All interns are required to have great communication & solid writing skills, be web-savvy, have the willingness to learn and try anything, and have a fun spirit. All applicants should work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines with a strong sense of accountability.
This is a fantastic opportunity to put your creative skills to work in helping to assist an emerging lifestyle blog at an early-stage startup gain exposure. In return, we will offer you mentoring, a ton of great experience, referrals, fun times, and visibility into the inner circles of our industry.
We are looking for a very creative and fun photographer who can capture our blog’s spirit and aesthetic. The photographer will be responsible for shooting pictures of the co-founders “in action” while they are prepping/creating content specific for the posts (fashion, food, DIY, lifestyle, etc.).
Responsibilities• Conceive and pitch ideas for posts (vision of the post)
• Capture great photos of co-founders “in action” for posts
• When co-founders are taking photos, intern will be ready and delighted to help out
• Conceive ideas for layout, background and props (and be ready to help out by shopping for them)
• Have your own camera (Canon or Nikon).
• Understand that all photos taken of co-founders and of anyone or anything related to Haute Hammer belongs to Haute Hammer. Co-founders may approve of selected works for intern to include in his/her portfolio
• Very skilled and knowledgeable with lighting
• Ready and willing to shoot anywhere (at a home, in a park, on a beach, etc.)
• Must be skilled and experienced with photoshop
• Clean up images via photoshop and have images ready for publishing
• Create images that match the blog’s aesthetic (graphic design background is very helpful here)
• Thinks big picture but pitches in on the fundamentals of running a small company (shopping for props, cleaning up after photo shoots)
• Comfortable with the realities of working for a startup: being on call on evenings and weekends, and working long hours
RequirementsMust include link to intern’s portfolio of original work. Students applying for this internship should ideally be photography and graphic design majors. Very skilled in Photoshop.
Photography and graphic design