Busy Chelsea Photography Studio Seeks InternsStudio B nyc
Winter 2016 - Photography & Digital Media Internship [Austin, TX]Snappening
PHOTOGRAPHY INTERN NEEDED FOR Imaging, optics, physics, computer science.LUX DENTAL
Media Intern (Photographer) Must be Based in Miami, FloridaKingston5 Productions
Graphic Design InternPink Print Photography
MA Cannabis Company seeks Photography/Videography InternArdent
LA Photography Internship - Fashion and CelebrityFRANKIE BATISTA STUDIO
Art Gallery / Photography and Video Production InternshipBookmark This
Alfa Art Gallery
108 Church St
New Brunswick, NJ
Posted: February 17 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAlfa Art Gallery (a NJ Non-Profit Organization) accomplishes as much as it does thanks to the assistance of many volunteers and interns. Our internship program is available to college students and recent graduates. This is an excellent opportunity to gain real-world work experience in an art gallery environment.
The internships positions are unpaid, but interns may arrange with their college to receive course credit (each department does things differently but there is usually some sort of internship proposal form. Talk to your department heads for more info). In exchange for their work interns will also gain valuable experience in a dynamic nonprofit arts environment and will receive an evaluation form and letter of recommendation at the end of their internship.
To apply for an internship, or to volunteer, please review the available positions below and send us your resume and cover letter letting us know which you’re interested in. Please tell us about your skills, and let us know your available start date and hours. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Please e-mail a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Alfa Art Gallery is looking for a passionate and creative individual who will take the lead on collecting and editing the multitude of promotional materials required to reach our audience. This intern will be present at our opening receptions for the current exhibition and is responsible for taking photos and videos of the event. They will also work with the curatorial intern in conducting artists interviews.
For more info go to - http://www.alfaart.org/about-us/internships
Responsibilities• Responsible for documenting gallery events; capturing the general atmosphere, artwork on display and experiences and emotions of artists and visitors in high quality photos and video
• In charge of producing high quality photo and video final products to assist in promoting the gallery and its programs
• Will assist curatorial team with planning and executing artist interviews
• Promote the gallery’s facilities rental program
Requirements• Some previous experience with using SLR/DSLR cameras required.
• Must be technologically savvy and eager to learn
• Adobe Photoshop proficiency is a must. Some Adobe Light Room experience is a plus (software and additional tutorials will be provided by the gallery).
• Must have experience in using video editing software like iMovie or Adobe Premiere.
• The availability of a portfolio of previously done work will strongly influence our final decision.
Here are some general rules and requirements that apply to all internship positions:
• Interns are expected to attend most gallery-organized events (usually 2-3 a month).
• Interns are expected to spend at least 8hrs a week at the gallery. Hours are flexible and will be assigned on an individual basis.
• All interns will gain valuable public speaking experience through our program “The News”. “The News” is a program, which tries to inform visitors at our events about other upcoming cultural events in the New Brunswick area.
• All interns will be required to propose, plan, organize and execute an event during their internship. Since event planning and organization is a very comprehensive process each intern will have to collaborate with all other team members. This will help develop team-building and event organization skills.
• In addition to the tasks specific to their area each intern is expected to help with administrative tasks and day-to-day operations.
• Candidates should possess good written and verbal communication skills
• Candidates should have a passion for art and a desire to be actively involved in the art community
• Candidates are expected to be computer literate and quick learners
• Candidates are required to have excellent problem solving skills and are expected to take initiative.
SkillsRequired - Adobe Photoshop
Preferred - Adobe Lightroom, iMovie, Adobe Premier, Final Cut Pro