Media Intern - Photographer (Must be Based in Miami, Florida)Kingston5 Productions
Smithsonian Associates Film Production Intern (Fall 2017)Smithsonian Associates
Product PhotographerBrides across America
Photography InternBri Photography
Freelance Photography InternStrasinger Photography
Photographer#LIVEDOPE Movement, Inc.
Event Photographer for Musée MagazineMusee Magazine
PHOTO asst for top Photographer in LABookmark This
Posted: September 08 2016
Company Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionFV magazine endeavors to showcase the work of some of the world's best artisans and emerging photographers, stylists, and writers to create a forum that inspires the passionate about the beauty of pop culture, to devour and contribute to its dialogue.
FV is a composite of the visual, textual and technological elements that define a great periodical. Our pages present a rich content on celebrity interviews, high profile models and the creative icons of our time, interspersed with exclusive features and smart, seductive editorial stories.
With offices in NY, PARIS & RIO, FV has always completed the task of featuring exclusive interviews with pop culture and the music industry's trendsetters in terms of sound, image and statement.
Published 4 times a year [+ 2 FV Men issue ], it is rapidly establishing a high reputation for its cutting edge interviews, constant original concepts and visuals.
FV Magazine focuses on the trendsetters in the fields of High Fashion, Beauty, arts/culture and music. It examines the "life well lived" by those that inspire and not only brings their experiences to the reader, but uses technology to take the viewer even further into those worlds, blending literature, philosophy, architecture, travel to create original content .
To keep every issue on the cutting edge, FV is constantly developing affiliations with top trends and fashion media outlets, blogs, podcasts, prints press and websites.
This internship is remote and unpaid. Candidates should be available a minimum of 10 hours/week and a 3 month commitment is preferred. There is the opportunity to receive school credit for this internship.
Responsibilities- Lend both creative and practical support to the editors and photographers
- Schedule and organize things to ensure that materials and clothes arrived on time
- Run around and pick up clothes from designers
- Keep track of clothing orders needed for photo shoots
- Work closely and assist the editor
- organize the fashion closet
- various spur of the moment duties
- assist at fashion shoots
This is an incredible opportunity for your work to be put into live practice, everything you do will be directly applied to the company and you will be directly involved with the day to day operations of the magazine.
Because the job is so demanding the position starts with mainly administrative work but will increase in responsibility as time goes on.
Requirements- Must have experience
- this is an opportunity to work with very well established fashion photographers and to be on set with topmodels , celebrities
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Have excellent communication skills
- Works well in a team
- Be knowledgeable and passionate about the industry
- Very knowledgeable about labels, brands and designers
- Must be able to efficiently multi-task and problem solve
- Must be flexible and willing to commit time to tasks
- Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated
*this is a demanding job and must be able and willing to keep up