Outpatient Physical Therapist Assistant OP Physical Therapy (40 Hours Rotating Days & Eves)Bookmark This
Boston Medical Center
DescriptionDescription Physical Therapist Assistants (PTA) have the great responsibility of assisting Physical Therapists in providing physical therapy treatments and procedures, as directed. They assist in all treatment including therapeutic exercise, massage, electrical stimulation, paraffin baths, thermal modalities, traction and ultrasound. They are clinically skilled to perform advanced manual skills including joint mobilization, stretching, and taping to carry out PT specific plan of care. Ages of patients range from pediatric to geriatric populations. The PTA will document all progress and modify specific treatments appropriate to patient need based on the scope of treatment established by Physical Therapist, helping people with physical and functional deficits reach their maximum potential of independence. The Physical Therapist practices in collaboration with all other members of the interdisciplinary team, and participates in the department's educational activities and programs. Provides coverage to other areas within the Rehabilitation Department as needed. Qualifications
- Work requires an Associates Degree in Physical Therapist Assistant from an accredited institution.
- Work requires a current Commonwealth of Massachusetts Physical Therapist Assistant license or eligibility status. Current CPR certification or obtained within 90 days of hire.
- 1-3 years experience preferable.
- Knowledge of geriatric, pediatric, musculoskeletal, neuromuscular, integumentary, and cardiopulmonary physical therapy.
- Work requires interpersonal skills necessary to effectively interact with patients, families and various members of the health care team.
- Work requires analytical abilities to implement and progress appropriate treatment programs.
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written).
- Bilingual or multi-lingual skills (beyond that of English) appropriate to the patient population served is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and effectively manage time and assignments.