Spring Internship ProgramMassachusetts Women's Political Caucus
Nationwide Election Results Data AnalysisThe PSC Group
Research InternNot Disclosed
Metrics & Program Evaluation Intern - Spring 2015League of Women Voters Minnesota
Special Assistant-Foreign Affairs-Read Carefully-All Cities Worldwide-11-11-AKOrganization for International Cooperation
Government Affairs Intern (Winter/Spring 2014)Bookmark This
5121 Van Nuys Blvd. Suite 208
Sherman Oaks, CA
DescriptionThe Valley Industry & Commerce Association (VICA) is recognized as the top business advocacy organization in the San Fernando Valley for its outreach to local, state, and federal officials. VICA represents a range of large and small companies in the greater San Fernando Valley area and advocates for a stronger business climate in the Valley, the City of Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, the state of California and the United States.
We are currently offering an exciting and fulfilling position within our Government Affairs department. Individuals interested in pursuing a career in public affairs, government, business, communications and/or non-profit management are encouraged to apply.
For more information, visit www.vica.com.
ResponsibilitiesHelp with a range of daily needs at VICA’s Sherman Oaks office and off-site events, including, but not limited to:
- Assist with drafting policy briefs and letters to lawmakers
- Track pertinent federal, state and local legislation
- Engage in events and conferences
- Participate in policy committee preparation and event planning
RequirementsThe ideal candidates are:
- Pursuing an associate's, undergraduate or graduate degree in the political science, business, public policy or a related field.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent communicators. Research and writing is required.
There will also be opportunities to attend special programs featuring top policymakers (including free food!), meet business leaders from across the region, learn about public policy issues and harness advocacy skills from some of the area’s leading public policy experts and insiders.
This is a part-time, unpaid internship. VICA will work around your schedule, and with your college or university to explore opportunities for course credit.