Legislative Affairs Intern (Spring 2017)VICA
Legislative Assistant InternshipNJ Assembly - 11th District
Entry Level Paid Internship - Account Executive - We Train!Lakeview Consultants
Blog Designer Needed Today -Community ProjectOur Community is Our Land
Advocacy InternshipGoodwill-Easter Seals
Research Intern - Summer 2017The Institute
Special Assistant-Foreign Relations Breakthrough Project-AK-12-31Organization for International Cooperation
Monmouth County Democrats - Political Campaign InternshipMonmouth County Democrats
Legislative Affairs Intern (Fall/Winter 2016-2017)Bookmark This
16600 Sherman Way, Suite 170
Van Nuys, CA
Posted: August 31 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Valley Industry & Commerce Association (VICA) is recognized as the top business advocacy organization in the San Fernando Valley for its outreach to local, state, and federal officials. VICA represents a range of large and small businesses in the greater San Fernando Valley area and advocates for a stronger business climate in the Valley, the City of Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, the state of California and across the country.
Applicants interested in pursuing a career in public affairs, government, business, communications and/or non-profit management are encouraged to apply.
For more information, visit www.vica.com.
ResponsibilitiesHelp with a range of daily needs at VICA’s Van Nuys office and off-site events, including, but not limited to:
- Assist with drafting policy briefs and letters to lawmakers
- Track pertinent federal, state and local legislation
- Engage in events and conferences
- Participate in policy committee preparation and event planning
RequirementsThe ideal candidates are:
- Pursuing an associate's, undergraduate or graduate degree in political science, business, public policy or a related field.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent communicators. Research and writing is required.
- Experience in legislative research and policy briefing
There will also be opportunities to attend special networking events featuring top policymakers and business leaders from across the region, learn about public policy issues and harness advocacy skills from some of the area’s leading public policy experts and insiders.
This is a part-time, unpaid internship. VICA will work around your schedule, and with your college or university to explore opportunities for course credit.