Political InternGolden State Consultants
FL STUDENT INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITYCouncilman Kenyatta Johnson
SU STUDENT INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITYCouncilman Kenyatta Johnson
Summer InternOffice of Assemblyman Michael Blake
Editorial Assistant InternNational Association of Corporate Directors
Government Relations Intern - Summer 2017Jacques & Associates
Program Associate-Foreign Relations Breakthrough Project-AK-2-28Organization for International Cooperation
Political Science InternRealm of Caring Foundation
Legislative Affairs Intern (Fall/Winter 2016-2017)Bookmark This
16600 Sherman Way, Suite 170
Van Nuys, CA
Posted: August 31 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Valley Industry & Commerce Association (VICA) is recognized as the top business advocacy organization in the San Fernando Valley for its outreach to local, state, and federal officials. VICA represents a range of large and small businesses in the greater San Fernando Valley area and advocates for a stronger business climate in the Valley, the City of Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, the state of California and across the country.
Applicants interested in pursuing a career in public affairs, government, business, communications and/or non-profit management are encouraged to apply.
For more information, visit www.vica.com.
ResponsibilitiesHelp with a range of daily needs at VICA’s Van Nuys office and off-site events, including, but not limited to:
- Assist with drafting policy briefs and letters to lawmakers
- Track pertinent federal, state and local legislation
- Engage in events and conferences
- Participate in policy committee preparation and event planning
RequirementsThe ideal candidates are:
- Pursuing an associate's, undergraduate or graduate degree in political science, business, public policy or a related field.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent communicators. Research and writing is required.
- Experience in legislative research and policy briefing
There will also be opportunities to attend special networking events featuring top policymakers and business leaders from across the region, learn about public policy issues and harness advocacy skills from some of the area’s leading public policy experts and insiders.
This is a part-time, unpaid internship. VICA will work around your schedule, and with your college or university to explore opportunities for course credit.