Political InternGolden State Consultants
FL STUDENT INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITYCouncilman Kenyatta Johnson
SU STUDENT INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITYCouncilman Kenyatta Johnson
Summer InternOffice of Assemblyman Michael Blake
Editorial Assistant InternNational Association of Corporate Directors
Government Relations Intern - Summer 2017Jacques & Associates
Program Associate-Foreign Relations Breakthrough Project-AK-2-28Organization for International Cooperation
Political Science InternRealm of Caring Foundation
Membership/Marketing CoordinatorBookmark This
The Markaz, Arts Center for the Greater Middle East
5998 W. Pico Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA
Posted: July 29 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Markaz, Arts Center for the Greater Middle East (formerly the Levantine Cultural Center) champions a greater understanding of the Middle East and North Africa by presenting artistic and educational programs that bridge political and religious divides. Whether the wars/occupations of Afghanistan and Iraq, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, the troubled relationship with Iran, the changing politics of Lebanon, Egypt or Turkey, or the cultures of North Africa, this region of the world is often in the news. The Markaz is the only pan-cultural institution of its kind and serves to help make sense of the MENA (Middle East/North Africa) through innovative arts and educational programming.
There are many challenges in growing a small grassroots nonprofit in a difficult economy, one of which is reaching out to the community to promote membership, as well as sponsorship of The Markaz's programs through online and print marketing opportunities, partnerships, corporate donation and sponsorship programs and more.
In this position you will work directly with the director on all the facets of marketing with regard to The Markaz. This is a multidisplinary experience. Outreach, marketing, sales, and MAC and/or PC skills with Microsoft Office are all desirable. Familiarity with Arabic, Farsi or other Middle Eastern language is helpful. Flexible schedule, 16-20 hours per week. Includes fringe benefits and rewards.
Responsibilities• Write/edit funding proposals based on existing templates that have worked
• Create new marketing materials departing from current rate sheets
• Brainstorm and executive new/improved membership benefits to increase membership ranks
• Work with PR/Outreach coordinator to devise additional methods to raise organizational profile
• Nurture and improve existing programs
RequirementsMust be located in the Greater Los Angeles area or be in Los Angeles on your own accord for the duration of the internship. Must have transportation.
An interest in the Greater Middle East and North Africa as well a social and political issues is crucial.
12-15 hour weekly commitment minimum.
• Strong outgoing phone and in-person character, able to communicate effectively with a wide range of constituents
• Familiarity with Excel and other software programs
• PC friendly
• Punctuality and focus
• Strong ability to stay organized
• Motivated to follow up on all tasks
• Interest in the Middle East/North Africa (MENA) and/or peace and conflict resolution
• Some experience with marketing, publicity, advertising, or community outreach