Legislative Affairs Intern (Spring 2017)VICA
Legislative Assistant InternshipNJ Assembly - 11th District
Entry Level Paid Internship - Account Executive - We Train!Lakeview Consultants
Blog Designer Needed Today -Community ProjectOur Community is Our Land
Advocacy InternshipGoodwill-Easter Seals
Research Intern - Summer 2017The Institute
Special Assistant-Foreign Relations Breakthrough Project-AK-12-31Organization for International Cooperation
Monmouth County Democrats - Political Campaign InternshipMonmouth County Democrats
Political Consulting Firm Internship OpportuntiesBookmark This
RaZor Solutions Group
50 Hurt Plaza, Suite 920
Posted: August 25 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 10 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionBased in Atlanta, Georgia, RaZor Solutions Group (RSG) is a full-service firm specializing in developing political and non-profit strategies and other solutions. With over 10 years of political and public affairs experience, RaZor services a wide range of clients including local politicians, federal candidates, and both small and large non-profits. A veteran agency with experience in over 60 political campaigns and more than 20 non-profits across the United States, the Razor brand seeks to provide both strategic and tactile leadership for a myriad of political and public affairs needs, including political campaigns, ballot referendum campaigns, legislative priorities, political trainings and professional development for more seasoned political and non-profit professionals.
The Political Consulting Internship Program is a 12-week training fellowship for individuals seeking entry-level political experience. The Political Consulting Intern functions assistants to RSG’s fundraising program and provides technical assistance in service of RSG’s fundraising clients. The essential functions of this position include the facilitation of RSG’s fundraising preparation and follow-up priorities as assigned, with strict adherence to RSG’s professional protocol of standard operating procedures. Additionally, the Project Analyst Intern will lead various research projects as deemed by the Founder & Principal or her designee in service to RSG’s organizational mission and/or an RSG client objective. Lastly, Political Consulting Interns will also complete supplementary professional development activities as deemed by the Principal & Founder (or her designee) to round out their professional education experience with RSG.
The Political Consulting Intern reports to the Principal under direct supervision of the Junior Consultant. In addition to these primary responsibilities, the Political Consulting Intern will work in concert with RSG junior staff to provide technical support to RSG’s senior leadership as needed. The Political Consulting Intern will also provide general staff support for other RSG events and initiatives, as needed, and will act as a representative for RSG at the discretion of the Principal & Founder or her designee.
The Political Consulting Internship Program offers an incredible opportunity to rising political stars seeking entry-level experience and additional professional development. The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following attributes:
• Assist with research and preparation of current & prospective donor lists, preparation of donor call sheets, and all other customary components of call-time preparation and follow-up.
• Provide general support and assistance to all RSG clients.
• Assist with development of fundraising communications tools, including: email solicitations, social media updates, and design & copy for collateral publications.
• Assistant with accurate accounting of all contributions and accompanying information made to RSG clients, as assigned.
• Assist with all federal, state and county/municipal financial reporting duties, as deemed by Principal & Founder or her designee.
PROGRAM & EVENT MANAGEMENT
• Assist in various research projects and initiatives for RSG clients and/or senior leadership, as needed.
• Assist with all event planning efforts for RSG client fundraisers, as assigned.
• Assist with all aspects of event management and event venue and materials set-up.
• Staff RSG fundraising events, as assigned, and provide logistical support to RSG clients and RSG senior leadership.
ADMINISTRATIVE & OPERATIONS SUPPORT
• Assist with organization or all client-specific documents, research and collateral materials.
• Assist with submission of reports of RSG client progress on a daily basis.
• Facilitate client-specific data entry in appropriate medium.
• Create and/or produce all client-specific collateral materials for fundraising operation(s), including sign-in sheets, donation forms, name tags and table tents, event materials checklists, etc.
• Develop professional templates and tools for RSG clients, as needed.
• Provide supplementary inventory of all fundraising-related tools and materials.
EXECUTIVE & ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT
• Assist with general staffing of RSG office and provide general customer service support to RSG visitors.
• Assist with general staffing of RSG clients and provide technical support, as needed.
• Assist with general care of office, including cleaning and organization of company properties as deemed by RSG senior leadership.
Requirements• Currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate program (college credit available to students at select Georgia public institutions);
• Able to work at least 4+ hours daily (including some evenings and weekends), for not less than 15 hours per week; interns will set their own schedule to meet this requirement
• Attend/participate in at least 1 event per month
• Attend/participate in 2 Brown Bag series during the 12 week period
• Detail-oriented with impeccable organizational skills;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
• Has a reliable means of transportation