Research Intern Washington DC Foreign Policy Think Tank Spring 2017American Foreign Policy Council
Advocacy InternThe Police Reform Organizing Project
Legislative Affairs Intern (Spring 2017)VICA
Legislative Assistant InternshipNJ Assembly - 11th District
Entry Level Paid Internship - Account Executive - We Train!Lakeview Consultants
Blog Designer Needed Today -Community ProjectOur Community is Our Land
Research Intern - Summer 2017The Institute
Special Assistant-Foreign Relations Breakthrough Project-AK-12-31Organization for International Cooperation
Public Policy InternBookmark This
Marketing Partners, Inc.
176 Battery Street
Posted: September 12 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionMarketing Partners is a social change communications agency. We use the power of stories, mission-driven strategies and integrated media to make the world a better place. Our clients are nonprofits, foundations and companies pioneering social responsibility and sustainability. Our campaigns seek to advance policy, change behavior, build communities and transform thinking.
We view education as an integral part of our firm philosophy. Our internship program is for students who are looking to receive college credit for a semester of hands-on learning with our team. We strive to provide a broad understanding of the functional responsibilities within a full-service marketing and communication firm's team, as well as an introduction to day-to-day firm operations and professional-level technical resources and tools.
Responsibilities* Research statutes and regulations on specific issues (at the local, state & federal level)
* Research promising or successful policies and practices on specific public issues
* Monitor all forms of media
* Write background briefs, news releases, social media posts, and other materials
* Create interview preparation materials around specific issues
* Research and compile contact, media and blogger lists around specific issues
* Search for news clippings and prepare visibility reports on specific issues
* Create or update databases, periodic reports, photo libraries, and other digital assets
Gain proficiency with various professional services and subscriptions:
• Basecamp, an extranet used by agency staff and clients for collaborative project management
• BurrellesLuce, a service used for clipping and monitoring client and issue mentions in various media
• Hootsuite Enterprise, a social media management platform
• HubSpot, integrated content/inbound marketing platform
• Gain more proficiency with the use of programs in Microsoft Office
• Introduction to Google Analytics and its use for website traffic analysis for marketing and public relations
• Introduction to WordPress, website and blog open source content management system
RequirementsStudents applying for this internship must have strong communication skills and should be majoring in Political Science, Public Affairs & Policy, Public Administration, Business, Government, Public Relations, or Communications. Applicants should also have strong writing skills, as well as a basic understanding of social media. Only interns proficient with Microsoft Office applications should apply.
If you are interested in applying for an internship position, please send a cover letter, resume and writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SkillsRequired - English, Microsoft Office Applications
Preferred - Applied Research, Analytical Writing